Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with new pontoon
If you decide to go with off the back, you will need a solid deck in the back of wood, aluminum, lexan. You could then use shelf brackets and attach a block of wood about 8" long by 4" high and about 2" thick. Put your battery as close as you can behind your seat and be prepared to slide the frame as far as you can to the front of the toon to balance it out.
Also, if you go for the rear mount, undo the bolt and nut just under the head of the motor and turn it so that it is facing the same direction as the prop. This allowes you all five forward controls in a pulling motion. Just turn the motor on what ever speed you want and steer with your feet. You can even turn the motor slightly on windy days to compensate for drift.
I personally prefer the motor behind me. I land a lot of fish from the front, less likely to get my fly line caught in the prop, and back right up to shore, turn and go forward right into shore and stand up with nothing in the way except the foot pegs.
But I also use hip waders and fins. I am not going to trust a motor that much, plus oars.
I motor out, cast out, and either troll or turn motor off and kick while stripping line in and I can get 3 days on a battery doing this.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Help with new pontoon - by HookJaw_Brimhall - 06-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Re: [HookJaw_Brimhall] Help with new pontoon - by flygoddess - 06-12-2007, 03:39 AM