Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead in October
Wow, it's been a while since I've visited this board due to the new job and all. It looks like everyone has been really busy fishing and catching lots of fish. I cannot tell you how envious I am. That's okay. I'm planning another 8 day houseboat trip to Mead...leaving out of Temple Bar of course.

I have a lot of fishing to make up for. My last 4 day houseboat trip to Mead in March was not great in terms of fishing. My friends and I are used to catching 50 on a slow night and about 150 on a good night. Unfortunately, in March, my cousin and I caught 10-30 a night...and we're talking about an 8 hour period here.

Anyway, can't wait till October. Till then, I'll just live vicariously through the rest of the board.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
I do not know how you can wait that long. Do you fish anywhere close to home? Glad to see your still checking in.[Wink]

Stripercraze
[signature]
Hey Stripercraze,

That's a good point. I don't know how I do it either. That's why I go on extended trips to Mead. Usually an 8 day trip in October and a four day trip in December and March. I find that the best fishing is in December and the colder months since there are less shad. Stripers are extremely aggressive in November through February. October is pretty good, too, even though it's still fairly warm then.

I've given up on all the lakes local to Southern Cal. They're all dirty, crowded and simply just no fun. Not many lakes around here offer stripers anyway. I'll take Mead anyday...although I'm thinking of trying out Powell one of these days. I'm not sure if it was you, but I recall speaking to someone on the board about shore fishing at Temple Bar. If it was you, how did you end up doing there?

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]