Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish breaks my pole
My new Johnson Century combo got cracked by a catfish. I was fighting it and it snapped my line and when I rigged and cast it back out my pole made a noise and I wondered what it was so I looked and there was this nice crack on the part closer to the reel. I just got my fishing pole 2 weeks ago and if the warrenty will not cover it which it should I will be up krud creek. So now I am probably going to miss the first day of bass season. *sigh* If I can just get my money back from the store I am going to go ahead and spend the extra money on a better fishing pole. *sigh*
[signature]
Buy an ugly stick. It won't break![Wink]
[signature]
Yeah that is what my brother told me to do. The line really should have broke before it broke the pole. The poles max for it was 12 pound test line and I even used the company brand. If I get refund I will never buy another Johnson fishing pole ever again or anything from Berkley. Berkley makes Johnson fishing poles. They are junk if you ask me. Don't buy them you are wasting your money. I hate Johnson fishing poles. Never again am I buying Johnson fishing poles.
[signature]
Berkley does not make Johnson products--Pure Fishing does, which owns both companies.

[reply]
Yeah that is what my brother told me to do. The line really should have broke before it broke the pole. The poles max for it was 12 pound test line and I even used the company brand. If I get refund I will never buy another Johnson fishing pole ever again or anything from Berkley. Berkley makes Johnson fishing poles. They are junk if you ask me. Don't buy them you are wasting your money. I hate Johnson fishing poles. Never again am I buying Johnson fishing poles.[/reply]
[signature]
Welcome to BFT, Basschick5!

That's correct. Pure Fishing does operate both companies.
[signature]
Welcome aboard basschick5. Don't forget to visit our bass board. Be sure to post some pics of your Bass over there.[cool]
[signature]