Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Fishing Story
This is the truth. I was out a couple of days ago play around with my 2 wt 6' flyrod with a size 18 oliver woolybugger with a brass bead head. After about 10 th small perch about 4" long I hooked into a even smaller one when all heck broke loose, a largemouth bass about a 1 to 1 and 1/2 pd darted in and toke the little perch about the time I was reaching down to lift and release him. I slowly worked the bass in and lipped him. The bass did a hard shake and spit the perch out. I released the bass and then turn the perch loose. I walk away happy, the perch swam away happen and bass swam away hungry. I all my 51 years I never had anything happen like this, it truely made my day,,,heck my week. [Smile]
[signature]
Nice story. It is amazing how good clean entertainment can find us once in awhile and catch us off guard.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi there ChickenFoot - Very interesting story. All that activity on a 2wt rod. Guess that MacFly might consider a 2wt after reading your post. [Wink] LOL Thanks for your post.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
hehehe Ill consider anything that helps me to catch a fish.. even an m80.....[crazy]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[Smile]
Sounds like ya had a hoot!
[signature]
oh...another thing.. I have "advised" by a good friend that since I have a 6wt all I really need is a 4wt and I should be good to go for the areas that I fish... but dont look forward to another year of hinting.. whingin.. begging.. etc so my finance manager will let go of that kind of money again...[laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
If you ever want to hit the salt, you can call the 6wt as your light rig.

From there you can step up to a nice 11wt. [cool]
[signature]
when you and I hook up to hit the water.. fresh will be with my 6 wt sage.. on the salt I will use my 6wt shakspeare combo.. I have been told by a few ppl that the shakespeare would make a good starter rod for the salt....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
There are areas and species that can be handled with a 2 or 3wt rod. You would just need to step up the leader a bit. 6 to 10lb line would be suggested.

The other zone can be handled on a 6wt. Just pray that on of the 12wt species arent around to take your 2 wt species away from you.

That is also a good way to dirty up a clean pair of waders.[crazy]
[signature]
...right now those are the two rods I have.. regretfully until I get more time on the water I dont think there is much of a chance to get others (finance manager)... I am still learning and that is one of the most attractive things about this sport... one is always learning......[Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]