Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 6-16
Fished willard today with wh2 didnt catch many fish caugh some on frenzys and one on a humdinger. was even able to pick one up and curt got a new lure in the process 3 wipers and 2 walleye
[signature]
Yep, that was the strangest method I've ever used to catch a wiper. After the first wiper ripped the line from my reel, I thought this second wiper with just doing the same until I reeled in my lure and instead of a wiper I found a bunch of line. My first thought was, one of the other lines we had out, had the wiper on it and it just got caught on my lure as it was making it's mad dash for freedom. After we reeled in our other lines, we found that was not the case, so we hand reeled that fish in. By the amount of line we pulled in, it must have spooled the fisherman that lost it. There was a small loop on the end of the line, where it looked like it had the been tied on a level wind reel. The wiper was 20 inches and it looked like the lure had been hanging in it's mouth for a few days but not too long. It was a fun way to end the day on the bay.
[signature]
Any pictures of it?
[signature]
That would have been a good idea but no pictures were taken, sorry. WH2
[signature]
Wiperhunter2 was the lure on the end of that line a lure with white body and black back? Was the line rather large?? Say 30lb test?? Was there a leader attached to the lure then attached to the main line with a swivel?? The lure was pretty beat up but it had caught lots of wipers. I also believe the hooks were red but lots of scratches on the lure and hooks.

I was letting out the line on my penn pierstick and all of a sudden the line started to go real fast and before I realized it all the line was gone. I have had that happen once before but was able to realize what was happening last time before all the line was gone.

The reason that I believe that is mine is the loop at the end is how it is attached to the reel on my penn.

That was my favorite wiper lure too. DARN DARN DARN
[signature]
what color was your line?
[signature]
I believe it was blue translucent mono. The line was the cheap eagle claw or shakespear 50cents a spool at Smith & Edwards.
[signature]
LOL thanks for the lure[Tongue]
[signature]
Your welcome
[blush]
[signature]
just wish it was in my tackle box.[Wink]
[signature]
We all lose lures to stupid mistakes.[mad][mad]

I just have to get a excuse to get down to cabella's to get me some new ones.

I had fished with that one for about 2 years.
[signature]
You can keep the lure, but can I get the swivel back?? I'm running a bit low. [Tongue]
[signature]
better talk to curt he is selfish he took the line, lure and the swivel[mad]
[signature]
WHAT WAS THE WATER TEMP TODAY? Just Curious,[Wink]
[signature]
You described that setup to a tee, even the scratched red hooks. Tell you what John, I'll try your hot lure a few times, if I don't like it I'll give it back. If I like it though, I know nothing about any wiper that had a worn lure in its mouth with scratched red hooks and 200 plus yards of line with a swivel[Wink]
[signature]
Fished willard this evening from 5:00pm - 9:30pm. Caught 5 wipers, 3 bass, 2 walleyes and 1 cat fish. Surface temperature was 76*.

Thanks for the advise Petty !!! [Wink]
[signature]
Yeah that is pretty hillarious. [laugh]

Like i said its just another casualty of fishing. At least it wasn't lost to the depths. Its your reward for dealing with so much damn line.

When you mentioned it I thought that has to be mine. It makes me feel better that I didn't just let all the line out by myself, but that I had a wiper help me out. I thought that reel full of line went a bit fast [shocked]. I was busy trying to get a second pole out when I realized there was no more line on the other pole. Whoops.
[signature]
Sounds like a fun day Jason. You should have swung by the place when you guys finished up, I was there all stinking day!
[signature]
I fish Willard from 7:45 until 9:45 just as the wind picked up. I hooked up with one catfish while trolling and a walleye as we were bring in the pole to make a mad dash to the marina as the wind started.
[signature]
FishingWaters, I seen you out by the pole and waved but I think you did not recognize me. I was wondering if you got caught in that wind. I made it off the water just in time.
[signature]