Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bantam Lake
On the water at 5:30 and headed for the northern pads. Not as much weed as I last remembered it, but enough to hold some fish. Threw evrything, but it was a wtermelon senco day. They got us 7 lgmouths and a smallie. Had a Pike or pickerel make short work of a worm before the ping sound of my line. Met up with the DEP out on the water and he was very friendly and told us a young couple by the ramp had 5 fish between 2-4lbs on live worms. Headed back at 2 and the parking lot was so full the DEP was at the entrance keeping traffic duty. The warden was telling us of the great fishing he's had in Saybrook, so it's the big salty for me next weekend. I'll see what New Haven Harbor has to offer.
[signature]
i hear they have big northerns up at bantam lake. one of these days got to take a trip up there and check it out
[signature]
The warden did ask if we got one. I think it was one that broke my line so quick. Had flash backs of VT. We get them up there while bass fishing. [crazy]
[signature]
my girlfriends family has a house up on bantam, and its been sweet, bass fishing is good, but it holds some monster pike, ive only been up there once this year and it was decent, ive mostly been fishing the ct river for stripers usualy around the mouth at old saybrook and the fishings been real good, livelining out on the flats has proven well, but working the houdini shads and knuckleheads (baby striper) has been deadly, out on the deserted shore, alot of little humps and potholes as i like to call it
[signature]
I know the area well. I like to throw poppers at the breakwater for blue and stripers. I'll be trying New Haven harbor sat. afternoon for fluke,bass,blues or what ever takes the bait. I've got to save some gas seeing as it's three miles from the house. My father fishes Saybrook it twice a week, so when the fluke finally get it going I'll be down there.
[signature]