Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help
ok i have a problem. there is some back fishing stone coreys and they had large number's of carp and catfish in them. well latly a group of people go back to these clean coreys and polute them (leave there trash all over) i walked by one of my faviorit spots seeing people where there i asked them if they where geting any thing they said yea the only thing they can seem to do is snag the carp and catfish ( they take a HUGE trebal hook and cast past a nice big carp then they real in to about 3 feet away from them then they give it a fast reel and a jerk and they hook theses huge fish in the side.) they dont evan take the fish they kill home..... i real in an occashinal big carp carcus. these pond do not get stocked or cleaned by any one from the city . so when they leave there trash it just builds up and gets in the water ( ponds arent very big so it effecs you.) what should i do about this situation?

thanks.
[signature]
I'm not sure of the regs in your state, but it is illegal to snag catfish most everywhere. As for the garbage, get it in video and call the sheriff after you get some footage. Check the regs on leaving fish on the bank too. Might be something there as well. Hope this helps a little. If all else fails, roll around in some rotton carrion and walk right into the middle of them and ask if they mind if you fish by them.[sly]
[signature]
ok thanks a ton i will began this after i read up on teh states laws
[signature]
any more suggestions?
[signature]
Sorry to here that and it chaps my hide to.

Here's two things I've done:
1. Go to your favorite spot when you know there will be other fisherman there. Take your fishing pole and a couple big trash bags. Have friendly conversations about fishing and while your at it pick up some trash in front of people. I usually whine a little while I'm doing it, things like I can't believe a fisherman would do this, oh wait it must be, look at all the worm containers and fishing line. More then once I had a few start picking up trash as I'm chatting with them. (I also understand that the people that did start helping most likely weren't the ones littering, but it was sure nice having more hands picking up trash and hopefully I left an image to not litter and help by picking up trash as you leave.)

2. If I see someone leaving there trash or littering, I always ask them to pack it out and/or please stop while I'm standing there.
[signature]
Call your local DNR/DWR, Im sure they would love to come out and investigate [Wink]
[signature]
yea i will try all of this. and to add to the list a 14 year old (looks like he is 10) was throwing rocks for sticks at "turtals" around where i was fishing i kindly asked him to stop. so he left and got 3 more little kids one with a broken arm and they where set on fighting me. lol then one came over to me with a stick and said ever been stabed by a sharp stick. so i said nope the pulled my muchedy out of my backback(i had to cut a new path to fishing pond from my back yard.) and said whats it like only useing one arm cuz im gunna remove the other one if you dont stop. but the hole thing is i was nice and polite to these kids and showed them respect untill the rocks started comeing towerds me them i showed them my toy lol....then my bud came to fish with me and had his fly rod the kids broke a few lures with a rock and i hade to hold him back he was going to wipe them with the pole...
[signature]
I would get a hold of your local authority and report the persons that are doing this. I do it quite often when soemone offends me in that aspect.

Don't worry. You are not snitching. You are protecting the right to fish for yourself and others.[cool]
[signature]
sounds like some little bastards that didnt get spanked enough growing up. as others said I would call local fish and game and or cops I wouldnt say snitching either it is because of people like that that so many places get closed down and no trespassing signs go up all because so called outdoorsmen litter. SERIOUSLY come on people there are some of us that enjoy the outdoors without feeling like I should clean up the place
[signature]
I would go one step further. Contact the local wild life enforcement agency....AND sit down with a local senetor, with a local environmental group, and try to pass a act to clean up the coreys. Maybe form a group and maybe get it as a community service for court cases....Then the local wild life enforcement agency can ask that the people they catch clean up the coreys.

That's just me though...I believe that the fish won't say hey, quit dirtying my water let me be here for your kids...so we must do it ourself by speaking out on behalf of the fish.[bobWink]
[signature]