Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Saltwater Species have you Caught?

Hi there guys,

I wasn't gonna ask this question unless there were at least a few posts on the freshwater side. I don't fish quality but quantity and variety. Therefore, I hope you'll contribute to 'How many and what species of saltwater have you caught. I look at your posts and see which ones I haven't caught (like tons) and start finding out about them and where they can be caught.

I'm going shad hunting on the American River in May-June and I will be trying to catch every species common to the area's surrounding fisheries I can. Them thar stripers will be fun down further south on the delta.

I think it's fun to think back and remember what you and your buddies have caught. Especially in the salt where there are such a variety of species.

Hope to hear of lots of future targets, ain't braggin' just going down memory lane. ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]I have not got them all yet, but I am working on all of them. I have caught 28 species of saltwater fish so far.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey Ron,

So far 1. Sea Bass. I took a half day charter off Newport Beach, CA. That was all I managed to connect with. I would love to get out and catch more fish in the salt. Someday, I will.
[signature]
Tough question. Has to be between 40 and 50 species. Grew up in So. Cal and also fish Baja and the Gulf of Mexico. Between all the rockfish, mackerals, surf perch, corvina relatives, jacks, barracuda, grouper, roosterfish, sheephead, tuna, sea bass etc, etc, etc. Too tough a question.............

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Japan Ron are you the guy that works at LB marina sportfishing? Ive caught 20+ species of salt water fish and probably the same amount of freshwater

Big and small kill em all

Aaron
[signature]
dh_tubinaaron, i am the same way. i've caught about 15 different saltwater fish, and about the same freshwater. hey aaron, if you cant guess who this is, well......

Joe
[signature]

Hey big john,

Nice to have you aboard. Seems like I know someone who caught an awful lot of sheepsheads, but I guess those don't qualify as fish!

You're going to be busy when Catalina finally starts putting out yellows, white seabass, and barndoor halibut at the same time. Lots of guys at Catalina are talking about fishing for halibut as a second thought after the morning grey WSB bite is done.

JapanRon
[signature]