Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mac
[font "Arial"] I went fishing with my dad last night. I went to a very popular lake that I hadn’t been to before. It’s called Lake McCanaghy(sp). We had heard reports of wipers being caught off the dam so we decided to go out and give it a try. We brought spinning gear with us just in case we had to use it. We should have left them in the car. I got out a ways and had a lot of line out. I was using a crawdad contraption and a white cone head bugger. Had a hit, and the fish ran, picked up some of my line in my basket and tangled it up, and broke off. It was a heavy fish whatever it was. Tied back on with a white clouser type fly and a brown conehead bugger. That’s all I would need. Caught a medium sized small mouth, and then cast to basically the same spot again. BAM! Big hit and big fish. It ran and swam, and ran, I couldn’t turn the sucker. 15 minutes later, I had a 25+ catfish balancing on my net because the net wasn’t big enough to hold that fish. It went about 6 lbs or so. Nice fish. First catfish on a fly. I caught for catfish. All about 23-30”. They put on a heck of a fight. Caught some more smalleys, and a white bass. Dad caught 4 or 5 white bass and some small mouth. Great trip. [/font]
[size 2] [/size]
[font "Arial"][size 2]We got back to the car and some people next to us were just leaving. They caught a 6-8 wipers and they were 20-30”. They were huge. I want some of that. Yessir, I want some of that. I’m going back after some wiper soon. They were caught on topwater. Now, I’m going to have to see what I can do to tie some poppers![/size][/font]
[signature]
great report, thanks.

good luck on them wipers, they are on my list too, only I have to drive a 100 miles and hit a charter boat to get to them....

they do look taisty...
[signature]