Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge AAA Report
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Late Gorge Report[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Last week (Thursday) headed to the Gorge with the (truck bed) camper & boat for a little R&R and had a great time. The wind didn’t let up all day Thursday so we didn’t go out till Friday. We Kokanee fished Holmes Crossing all day Friday and had a 40 fish morning, took a afternoon break (nap) and then had a 25 fish evening. We kept 4 nice ones for our effort.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Then headed into Manila for a bite of dinner. After eating we headed down to swim beach to spend the night. There was a nice wide open area near the beach so we pulled down next to the water and setup for the night. It was beautiful evening and the perfect temperature – I had gotten all my camper features working so the wife wanted to try the shower. Since it was the first time using the hot water heater I stayed outside the camper with the fire extinguisher just in case – all went smooth and I took the plunge and then got ready to hit the hay. [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]About 10:30 a two motor homes (one pulling a large boat and one pulling jet skis) go driving right by us and park about 40 yards ahead of where were parked. I am hoping the all night party wasn’t going to start but instead they kept gunning their engine. Over and over and over – we’ll I was bushed so I fell a sleep and woke up about 6:30 and head outside. Then I see what the problem was (please see attached pic). [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We got our coffee made and headed out to buckboard marine. I had never fished this area of the Gorge before and was very impressed. We launched and I was waiting in the boat for my wife to come down to the dock. Pickup with a Lund boat pulls down and the boat looks exactly like mine (almost) – well the two guys pull right down to launch their boat and the driver is heading for the dock and has to pull forward -- and as he pulls forward the boat decides to launch on the hard-deck. (see attached pic). Everyone just can’t believe the sight – the guy in the boat is just sitting there like all is OK. The driver gets out and hooks the winch strap to the boat and starts cranking. The boat driver finally gets out and starts pushing and they get it back on the trailer and go fishing. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]We caught some really nice fish at buckboard and loaded up about 2 pm. – Within 15 mins the wind came on with a Wyoming Strength that probably caused the cows to till sideways. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]We’re heading back in 3 weeks!!![/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Wow. I thought I was the only one that had "eventful" outings...and took backup pics for the folks back home. Thanks for thinking of us.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of my favorite expressions is "Stupidity is its own reward". Looks like those folks had it pretty well mastered. I also have a theory that restaurants often hire people to put on a "show" for other customers...you know, loud yelling matches, preliminary divorce proceedings, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if marina concessionaires didn't retain a few bozos to show off how NOT to do things sometimes. Sure gives ya something to talk about, even when the fishing is slow.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you got into some decent koke action. Also glad the shower worked.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And, as they say about Wyoming..."The wind does not blow there...it sucks."[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That is why I never release my strap until my boat is on the water. It almost looks like my boat though. Mine is the same color. Mine is a Crestliner with Johnson outbords. The tow truck looks like my 77 150
[signature]
Looks like my boat! Except the part of it sitting on the ramp. Ouch!!
[signature]
Great report and pics LMAO!!!! its good cheap entertainment to get to see how stupid some people really are! Thanks for sharing,M.H.
[signature]
Wow what a crazy weekend up there, I will be heading up with the whole family to swim beach on the 28th and ill come home when im good and ready, I am hoping for some good fishing and no wind, I was up there 2 years ago and the wind was so bad it tipped a 5th wheel over and broke 3 of my tents, we ended up going back out on the water after the storm and rescuing 2 ladys that were beat up in the rocks real bad. so if the wind gods read this post please be easy this year. LOL[blush]
[signature]
Would you not want to at least get out of the boat and lighten the load by a couple hundred pounds????? Unbelievable.
[signature]
[black][size 3]wow, things that make you go Hmmmm !!![/size][/black]
[size 3]looks like the 2 town drunks, oooops, HoPe We DiDn'T ScRaTcH tHe PaInT. thanks for the lol[/size]
[size 3]later chuck[/size]
[signature]