Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish Pic. Biggest fish I ever caught
30 inch catfish 2 and half feet long. I got this from shore!
[signature]
Nice channel cat, what did you catch it off of?
[signature]
A fat head minnow. Live bait is the best stuff in the world. I got a really big hit today but since it is a new pole I had trouble landing it. Not use to open face reels yet. Then I put money down on a catfish pole today a St. Croix catfish pole. 120 bucks. I payed 40 to reserve it and will make another payment in 2 weeks and the final payment in 4 weeks. I am insane for getting it but it is handcrafted and made in the U.S.A. It is a telescoping one too. But it is a baitcasting rod or closed face reel. Baitcaster it is. I am hoping to get a used reel and get a better one for next year. I hope I can pass this pole down to my kids some day when I have kids. I probably will put a baitcasting reel on. I hope my parents don't ask me how much it was when I bring it home. I am just a college kid so they may kill me. I put alot of money away today in my savings account that I refuse to touch. I am going to do the same thing next paycheck. I have to wait a month to get it fully payed for and get to take it home with me.
[signature]
I hear you, I got a new curado baitcaster with the rod its a $300 combo and I got a new spinning combo with it that was about $175. I just dont let my wife know how much fishing equipment cost. [cool]
[signature]
Dude! That's a nice cat. Thanks for sharing it with us.[cool]
[signature]
LOL... That's why my wife doesn't come to Sportsman's or Cabelas with me. That way I can say:

"Honey, look what a great deal I got on this Loomis.... only $200!"

and she is non the wiser... LOL [Tongue]
[signature]
That hard when your Wife fishes with you.
[signature]
haha...so what if she's with you when you spend 200 on a fishing pole. just remind her how she spends 200 on a pair of shoes or a purse or something that she doesn't need.
[signature]
So true~ [cool]
[signature]
[reply]
haha...so what if she's with you when you spend 200 on a fishing pole. just remind her how she spends 200 on a pair of shoes or a purse or something that she doesn't need. [/reply]

Well, mine is rather thrifty...$3 purses, $20 shoes...So its hard for her to understand why I'd want to spend a few hundred bucks at a Outdoor store when I can get the "same" crap at Walmart for $30. I'm slowly converting her though, as she has taken an interest in fishing. I convinced her we need to spend money on a boat. And the other day, on a fish finder. Now, I need to get her into shooting so I can convince her I "need" to buy more guns, even though I got a closet full [cool]
[signature]
good luck with that one. [laugh]
[signature]