Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clouser Crayfish
[center] [/center] [center][cool] [font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Apparently SMB like crayfish. How about BMB?[/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3]This is a version of the Clouser Crayfish.[/size][/#008000][/font][/center] [center][Image: 2121.jpg][/center]
[signature]
That would be a good LMB Fly. I could see that in Brown and deep Purple for Castaic fishing in the fall season.[Wink]
[signature]
sounds like our 'Blue Rusty' up here, tN2.

[Image: 4m9ty5t.jpg]
[signature]
what about it in those same colors down here in the more "southern" waters.. lol.. and what size.. maybe 4 and 6???

MacFly[cool]
[signature]
That would be the one. When the water gets cooler here in Cali, the crawdads start to get darker in color. I have seen some that are dark blue and almost purple.[cool]
[signature]
Size 4 would do. In your area, the craws are deep brown and then they get that reddish look to them when they are molting.[cool]
[signature]
and this all happens when???
[signature]
where do you hail from, mcfly?
[signature]
... I was born and raised in the midwest but retired and live in Southern Ca...

MacFly
[signature]
wow.. good to know. thanks for sharing, bud [Wink]

sorry though.. Cal is a different world for me all together.. no idea at all what the patterns of the crawdads are down there.
[signature]
welcome...

as far as the Cali thing goes.. that is why I ask tn2 so many questions and listen to most of what he says.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
They can actually molt all year long. Some of them prefer the mid to late summer though. If you were to go to Dixon, you would expect to see them in later part of August through beginning of September.[cool]
[signature]
I love having a friend and a big sis who are walking talking fishing encyclopedias...[Smile]... I dont have any crafish flies yet but will get some.. on those days where it is slow can always toss out a crawfish and see what happens..

MacFly
[signature]
Trout love crayfish also.

Many Lakes and Rivers in Colorado have them. Including the Dream Stream, 11 Mile Reservoir, Spinney Mountain Reservoir, the Gunnison River, Colorado River.
[signature]
so a good fly in the western region and west coast..

MacFly
[signature]
Fishing the Pudah Creek near Vacaville. I startled myself when I looked down and saw a crawdad as long as my hand on a rock next to my thigh.

Yes, a crawdad immitation can be quite good in the western rivers.
[signature]
uhmmmmmmm I am afraid I may of been a little more than startled.. hehehe

MacFly
[signature]