Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My toon setup
Hello all,
I just found this forum and wanted to share my pics. I've got a Classic Accessories Outfitter 300 w/ a Minn Kota 30lb, Everstart Marine Maxx battery and a 7" pedestal w/ swivel. Pics at the link below.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing the pics. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]What part of the country do you hail from and what kind of fishing do you do?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'm in South Florida, no float tubing here unless you have a death wish. If you've ever seen a giant gator up close you would understand. I bought the toon to gain access to otherwise unaccessable waters. Been out in it about a dozen times. Had two right side bladders fail in the exact same spot. So far so good on the fishing front though. I caught two bass over 7lbs last week. One on a Red Eye Shad [Strike King] and one on a drop shot rig and 6lb test. I'm learning a lot on this site and looking forward to using some of the mods.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No doubt about it. In your part of the country you definitely have some "critters" to contend with on the water. I have fished much of Florida...fresh water and salt. There are a bunch of spots ideal for "floatation fishing", but you gotta use caution and go prepared to deal with gators, moccasins and the occasional big rattler.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I also fished the canals and marshes of Lousiana from a float tube. Love those redfish and sea trout. Not wild about the bull sharks that often hang out in the same waters. Pontoons offer an extra measure of "insulation" between you and the toothy critters, but there is still no reason to go crazy and court disaster. Always use common sense...if that is possible when fishing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Perhaps some of the most fun fishing you will find is "back country" fishing for small tarpon. You can work your toon into some of the open areas in the vegetation and have every cast action on tarpon, snook, snappers and a bunch of other species. Too much fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I had an encounter with a 9' Bull shark the LAST time I went wading. I was wading through a deep spot and a school of bait came flying by, I was thinking oh oh jumbo bluefish. Then I saw the shark swimming right at me. I hit him in the head with the butt of my rod and the swoosh as he took off lifted me right off the bottom. As I said the LAST time I went wading.
[signature]
Question for you. I noticed tackle bags right in the front at the tip of the tubes. How do you access them when your in the water? Long arms?
[signature]
Yes, I'm 6'2". It is crazy how much stuff you can carry on my toon. But, since I'm in Florida and don't want my feet in the water, I'm looking for ideas to keep my toon from spinning around so much. Maybe putting rudders beneath the front foot pegs.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Alan,[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Really like your new Picture, So sexy, so mature, so looks like you. You are, without question, a piece of work. ha ha[/size]
[signature]
Saberfish- So it did change? On my computer it still shows Morrison.
Go figure. Blondes do have more fun.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I like the blonde too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You might have to "dump your cookies" or logout and back in to get it to show on your machine.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I think that if I were in Florida with the gators and such -- that I would stick to the indoor "blue" waters also Smile

[Image: IMG_6261-th.jpg?1177634260]
[signature]

[reply]
I used the pool to figure out the best positioning for the seat with the trolling motor and battery aboard. It was much easier than trying to do it on the lake.[/reply]

That's what I figured...I was just joshin' ya. Nice Bass BTW. Personally I get freaked out by water snakes and snapping turtles floating up on me...Can't imagine floating where poisonous snakes and crocs are hanging out....(I know many people do it and they have more guts than me....But sometimes expert is spelled l-u-c-k-y.)
[signature]
Common Dusty I know better I went fishin with ya. If you dare to brave UL you can fish anywhere bud!

Let see that old Jim Stafford song .. "I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes". Maybe .."Swap Witch Hadie".. Or my all time favorite .."To Drunk To Fish".

Now them 3 songs could tell it all about where a man might not want to go.
[signature]
[reply]
Common Dusty I know better I went fishin with ya. If you dare to brave UL you can fish anywhere bud!

Let see that old Jim Stafford song .. "I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes". Maybe .."Swap Witch Hadie".. Or my all time favorite .."To Drunk To Fish".

Now them 3 songs could tell it all about where a man might not want to go.[/reply]
So true Marty....I did grow up in the desert -- and scared away plenty of rattlers' working the dry fields as a teen, hunting chuckers and riding dirt bikes......For as many times as I encountered snakes growing up in the field....Nothing can compare to having one swim up behind you on a float tube Even if it is non-poisonous * as I found out later * [Smile]

P.S. -- Those songs made me laugh, had not heard them in a long time.
[signature]
See what happens when ya get old. All that old music just crops up in your head.

Now if all my old fishing styles would do that maybe I could catch a few fish.
[signature]
Welcome aboard PJ3P. We are glad to have you here in our forum. Please feel free to share your reports anytime.[cool]
[signature]
Thank you. Went out today with my new rod holders,
thank you again. Had a great day. Thanks to some rain last night the water temp was down from 94 to 82. The shad were active on the surface and I ended up with 31 bass. My best five totaled just under 17lbs, anchored by a 6lb 8oz eyes all buggin out beauty.
[signature]