Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
utah lake largemouths
i see that there are largemouth bass in utah lake. i was wondering if there is a lot of them to be caught in the summer when the water warms up. i uaually use tube jigs and spinnerbaits to catch smallmouth bass at the gorge in the summer with good results. could you please let me know what kind of tackle to use and maybe where to go fishin for some largemouths this summer, any info would be great. THANKS
[signature]
[Smile] Utah lake is loaded with real nice L.M. bass. lots of 15in. to 19in. the best places are in and around the marinas. tube jigs work good, spinnerbaits, jig n pig, senkos, worms, just about anything some days. I like dark colors there, black n blue, olive green, smoke, white.
later chuck
[signature]
Utah Lake can be an awesome place to catch LM. The low water levels of late have been has made it tough. But you can still go out there and catch them! Here is an article that has some good information about what baits to use and where to go on Utah Lake.

EDIT: links are not allowed for new members see the FAQ above for the rules on this site.
[signature]
Other good areas to fish if you are in a tube is inlets.Spanish fork inlet is really good to fish for them.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Welcome aboard. But really???? Replying to a post from 16 years ago? During that time the lake has gone through several cycles of high and low water. And each condition produces different fishing.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Largemouths are structure-loving fish...and there ain't much structure in the main lake. During high water times they can hang out in flooded shoreline reeds and brush. But during low water periods about the only place you can find them is inside harbors or up into suitable tributaries.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]That being said, the carp seiners pick up random largemouths occasionally...way out away from everything. They do cruise around the lake looking for food or more comfortable water conditions. But there aren't many spots that attract and hold them.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]