Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite sunscreen
With skin cancer being so prominent these days I never go fishing without sunscreen. My favorite is a spray-on banana boat product that I can put on with out getting it on my hands. It actually smells like candy bananas but tastes like [shocked].
Let's spread the word and share our best sunscreens, I always make sure my girls have the best sunscreen and easiest to apply so what do you use?
[signature]
I didnt wear mine on saturday, so I made sure I put the banana boat sport spf 30 on today[cool] Over my sunburn.........
[signature]
It seems like banana boat is a popular choice. I like the spray on too. It helps keep the scent off of the underside of my hands so that I don't add scent to lures or baits.[cool]
[signature]
I've been using Hawaiian Tropic, Ozone Sport Sunblock SPF60+. So far it's work like a charm.
[signature]
Banana Boat Sp50.
[signature]
i am a life gurd and im out in the sun a ton not to metion all the fishing i carm in i really like the bull frog stuff. expeshionly with fishing becose you can get the bug replent + sun screen in one. and spray on any thing is a lot easyer!!
[signature]
I like the Bullfrog. I actually found it several years ago while Mt biking in Moab when I forgot mine and have used it ever since. I apply it at home and than wash my hands really well before leaving to go fish. 2nd is the Copportone Oilfree face. And I usually fish in long sleeves.

Majja
[signature]
I really like the Banana Boat Suntanicals.
[signature]
I haven't tried it yet, but I have heard very good things from guide friends about the Bullfrog spray-on sunscreen. They say it lasts a long time without reapplication, and that the spray bottle makes it easy to use. No more gunked up hands.

Dave
[signature]
Coppertone makes a spray on 50spf that seems to work great. I've never had any trouble with it getting in my eyes and it dries really quick. Best part is it cost just under 7 bucks a can.
[signature]
hahaha you tasted it? lmao
[signature]
An old trick to keep the scent off your baits and line after handling anything like sunscreen or oil and gas mishaps is to keep a small "travel" sized tube of the original CREST toothpaste in the boat or tackle box.. rinsing your hands in the water and (if possible take a hand full of wet sand or mud and rub around then rinse and dry) then take a bit of that toothpaste in your hand and rub that in until it dries.

..just a thought I wanted to share.

sounds like that bannana boat spray on stuff is alright, huh?
[signature]
At any rate, I'm sure the Crest would still taste better if both were to be intentionally sampled![laugh][laugh]
[signature]
AND..

...if you ever got stranded you could find a pine cone and brush your grill!! [laugh]
[signature]