Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. TubeDude....
Sounds like Illinois DNR doesn't think of those belly float as fishing machines but think of those as play toys.... I wonder how other states are on that subject. Wisconsin gave me a easy answer. I wonder do other states talk with each other on anything to learn/help one another?
Heres the notes...

[blue][size 3]Ralph,
Sorry it took so long to respond to you. I wanted to give you the
best answer possible. Greg Hunter is our Regional Captain for our
Conservation Law Enforcement group. If you read from the bottom up, you
will get a chronological order of our discussion. I hope it helps.
Dan Sallee

>>> GREG HUNTER 06/25/07 7:46 AM >>>
The whole issue is as clear as mud. You have interpreted everything
correct except #3. I still think some sites would say no. I am not
saying I agree, I am just reporting.

NOTICE: New e-mail Address: greg.hunter@illinois.gov
>>> DAN SALLEE 06/22/07 4:21 PM >>>
I must have missunderstood a previous conversation. What you are
saying is:
1. It doesn't have to be registered.
2. It is allowed on state sites only if we allow wade fishing at the
site.
3. It can be registered, and if so would be allowed on all state sites
where we allow boats. It would then require everything that would be
required on a small rowboat.
Correct?
Dan

>>> GREG HUNTER 06/21/07 9:35 AM >>>
First, this is a gray area. Second, we do not consider them boats in
Illinois, but rather swim toys. They are allowed, I understand, if wade
fishing is allowed. While PFDs are not required, an innertube is
defined in statute as not being a boat, most wear PFDs. Now to muddy
the water, if a person wished to register one, we would do it, now
making it a boat and it would need to display registration and equipment
carriage as required. How is that for a muddy answer?

NOTICE: New e-mail Address: greg.hunter@illinois.gov

>>> DAN SALLEE 6/20/2007 6:07 AM >>>
Greg,
I have heard rules regarding belly boat fishing discussed before,
and I just wanted to make sure I'm correct in my answer to this
gentleman.

As I recall, belly boats must be registered watercraft (placard
attached with numbers), and are not allowed on many state sites. Is
this correct? My confusion, if the above is correct, is why these are
banned from state sites if they are defined as watercraft similar to a
rowboat or canoe. Could you, or one of your staff give me the
appropriate information on this?
Thanks,
Dan[/size][/blue]
[signature]
DUH......WHAT?
[signature]
That sure is clear as mud. I think you should hire a professional interpreter to interpret Govt english to common english.[crazy]
[signature]
uhhmmmmmmmmm tn2 buddy... I do not believe that there is such a thing when you are talking about govt/political english versus ...well .. anything else....LOL

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
The Govt interpreters are still in training. I overheard one of the lessons the other day. It went like this.

2+2=6. If I take 2 away from 6 that still leaves me 12 to spend.......blah blah blah.....don't ever cut budgets.... blah blah blah.....etc etc...[mad]
[signature]
.............AND SOME PEOPLE WANT THE GOVT TO HANDLE HEALTH CARE!? [crazy]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As is usually the case, I think the problem is with the people hired by the state, rather than actual state regulations. Unless something is clearly spelled out, with all potential details covered, our AVERAGE public servant cannot translate it or understand the intent or meaning.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That's why "Military Intelligence" is an oxymoron...like jumbo shrimp, etc.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of my "best" examples...float tube oriented...was when I tried to take my tube in to fish a small lake in Colorado several years ago. As I stopped to pay my entry fee at the gate the gate attendant noticed my tube and fishing poles in my vehicle. He got all flustered and asked what I was planning to do. When I tried to explain what a float tube was, and how effective it was for fishing, he warned me that since this was a floating toy, that I would have to stay inside the buoys for the swimming area...but that I could not use my fishing rods, because I might hook somebody. I did not pay my fee and I turned around and left.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[sly] now that is funny... assuming you were talking to a fish and game officer of some sort the confusion is not surprising.. for example.. the lakes I fish here .. you have to have a licesne and a daily fishing permit.. in the several years now that I have fished these lakes.. I have not been asked for my license.. only the daily permit.. and this was when I purchased and on routine rounds conducted by these officers.. to many "ass"umptions are made imho....

MacFly
[signature]
Ahaha.... Maybe he was right though Pat.... When you see a boil at Willard I have seen rooster tails come up behind that tube of yours! [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Silly you. Still can't tell the difference between a roostertail and a burrito blast.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
LMAO! I guess we should all be thankful you wear the FULL WADERs instead of Hippers. Reminds me of a comedian I heard once. It went "I jus luv my new stretch pants, only problem is, everytime I FARTS I blow my tennis shoes off".
[signature]
[sly][sly][sly][sly] okay sis.. ya need to quit doing this.. if I keep laughing out loud in this library ppl are gonna think I am nuts.. hhehehehehe...

.. blew his tennis shoes off.. now that is funny...

MacFly
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Don't wear no waders these days...when the water gets above about 65.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anyways, I have learned how to "moderate" my intake (and outgo) when planning a tubing trip with waders. I couldn't navigate very well if I blew off my boots and fins.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Wonder what this kind of discussion does for encouraging newbies to jump in and register.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[size 1][#0000ff]Wonder what this kind of discussion does for encouraging newbies to jump in and register.[/#0000ff] [/size]

Lets them know you ain't a stuffy ol' fart like moderators on some other forums that will remain un-named.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff] 1. STUFFY 2. OLD 3. FART[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'll settle for two out of three...you pick 'em.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Ah yes...we have much fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
hehehe oh what we could say here.. but.. in all honesty.. and knowing you only from this forum.. I would have to say that you are NOT stuffy... I am sure that you fart like all ppl do.. but that is an act of nature not a personality trait.. as far as age goes.. Id be assuming to say you were older.. so I guess it boils down to for me anyway is that you are a gentleman who enjoys his fishing from a float tube and is always more than willing to lend a hand or help someone by imparting your wisdom and experience on them..

... now.. does that keep me out of trouble.. and maybe in the graces of TN2.....LOL....

MacFly [cool]

p.s. FG....ordered in that book you told me about.. should be in my hands by the weekend.... [Smile]
[signature]
Wow are you a Polisci major? That was very well stepped around MacFly. How ever TD is one of the coolest people I have ever met let alone fished with.
[signature]
not polisci.. just 21 years in the service.. lol.. but have to agree with you in as much as td is definitely a gentleman and a scholar in his field of expertise.. and I do hope to one day meet up with him and wet a line or two and see how it goes..

MacFly
[signature]
Now you are getting me Confused. Since when is passing gas not a trait?? Yeah I know. The doctor told me I didn't get the gas from my father. I got it from the Cabbage, Broccolli, Cauliflower, eggs and Beer that I consumed.

I think my doc is full of it though.

There is only 1 problem when tubing with waders after such consumption,.............the Swamp Gas from the lake will make your eyes water![shocked]
[signature]
[sly][sly][sly][sly]... swamp gas.. now that is funny.. even if farting is a bodily function and not a family trait... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]