Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling Line - which do you use?
I've been using Ande 20lb pink premium for a good many years on Lake Michigan. I just switched Fluorocarbon leader material from Berkley Vanish to Seaguar this past trip and like it much better already.

What's working for the rest of you?
[signature]
I agree, nothing is like flouro! I have also been playing around with braids though and kind of like them (with a flouro leader of course). I really like their strength and small diameter. I have only tried the Stren braid, but its been great. I only have it on two reels right now though. As you know I fish a lot for kokanee salmon, which have soft mouths. I will not use braid for kokes because it has no stretch and I believe it will rip the soft mouths too easily. I stick with mono for kokanee, but braid may find its way onto my reels for other species!

Aside from trolling I use p-line flouro on my spinning reels. I like this line for tossing lures/jigs, ice fishing, and vertical jigging on softwater too. Its more money than mono, but in my own side by side tests it seems to outfish mono. (especially in clear water under the ice)
[signature]
Like Kidder I have tried braided line this year. I have heard in the past that it will slip out of an off-shore downrigger release because of the small diameter. So far, it has been great. I also tried the P-line co-polomer on one rod. I really like this stuff. I am going to try it on my spinning reels. The line that I usualy use is Trilene Big Game, in green color. Great line for trolling. As for leaders, I use the Seaguar. It's very stiff, but that makes it great for leaders off dodgers.
[signature]
I only have one rod with mono on it and the rest is braid.[Wink]
[signature]
Ande pink as I have used it since 1980. Good line. We use braided line but when the lures get tangled sometime what a hassle to get undone.
[signature]