Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Extremity Pain Seen With Fly-Casting Techniques
[url "http://www.wemjournal.org/wmsonline/?request=get-document&issn=1080-6032&volume=015&issue=04&page=0267"]Upper Extremity Pain Seen With Fly-Casting Technique: A Survey of Fly-Casting Instructors[/url]

Here's an interesting read from the Wilderness Medical Society[Wink]
[signature]
[black][size 3]WHAT?????[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]If this is a real study, it must have been financed by Government (pork barrel) funds.[/size]

[size 3]My big question is: what is the benefit of this report to any sane person?[/size]
[signature]
A few years ago I was experiencing extreme (tears in the eyes) pain in my right shoulder. I couldn't even move my arm. People kid me and said too much fishing, and I thought from hanging all those heavy cloths at Orvis on a rake above my head.
Then I realized it hurt worse than ever after playing a gig (the arm movement pounding out notes on the bass)
Finally broke down and went to a therapist. Turns out, I had ripped the muscle under my shoulder blade at one point or another and the repaired tissue was in the wrong place. I did three months of NO PAIN therapy and good as new, in fact they recommended casting to keep the juices flowing.[cool]
[signature]
did they figure out if the rip was from the bass or the bass????? heheheh either way.. the therapy for the repair could not be better for you if it had been planned.. I mean.. you love the outdoors and fishing.. and to keep the muscle loose you should fish.. how good is that.. ?? [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
You have a cool doctor. I'm sure you give him/her alot of recommendations.[Wink]
[signature]