Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Floatilla Invite 7/3
Place: Willard Bay- South Marina
Date: 7/3/07
Time: I am meeting TubeDude at 5am, but we may not be able to get passed the gate until 5:30am.

For those of you that have not fished Willard before:

Likely catch: Catfish and Wipers
Possible catch: Walleye, smallmouth and large mouth bass, crappie, perch, bluegill, and carp.

Cutbaits, minnows (dead), crawlers, and other catfish baits will normally produce channels cats betwee, 14-18".

Wipers will hit those baits as well, but are often caught on soft plastics, cranks, and swim baits. For you flyfisherman, I have done best using white zonkers.

If you need directions or have any other questions, feel free to ask here or in a PM.

It's gonna be a great time!
[signature]
Right on I will be there with bells on. What do you want me to bring for the cook part? FG PM me and we can set up what time we need to meet up and weather you are taking your toone or tube.

Majja
[signature]
TubeDude and I discussed the eating part, and I'm not sure if we are going to do it. I for one, am planning on taking my catfish home because I want to smoke them for my 4th of July BBQ. I would however add any other fish I catch to the cause.

I personally do not have the cooker, table, etc, so we would need someone to bring that stuff.

TD,
Does the South Marina have any facilites that we could use? I guess we could tailgate it like last time.
[signature]
If we do that part let me know I can bring a big cooker. Or we can just fish It is all good for me.
[signature]
I'm in. I would be happy to bring my cooking utensils for a lunch. I have a new way of cooking my willard catches and i think everyone will like it.[cool]
[signature]
I am going for this one, and I am bringing the BIG BANANA instead of the H3. I kinda like the motor on unfamiliar waters. As far as the cook out, I probably won't be contributing anyway with being new species and waters and the FF'er of the bunch, but ya never know.
COOKING, hey I burn water!
[signature]
(jnbsigma above [angelic] )
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]For this trip, let's keep it to fishing only. I would rather stay out fishing a while longer and not have to spend so much time with the cooking and cleanup. TubeBabe is out of town and it ain't something I want to do all by my ownself. Maybe we could just have a get together somewhere, some evening, away from the water and do a fish fry and BS session.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sounds good to me. I would like the extra fishin time to. Can't wait to try out "Roja"! [cool]
[signature]
Yea what Flycasting said.
[signature]
If I dont have to work i'll be there otherwise I'll swing by when I get off work @ 7:00 in the morning. It would be geat to have a chance and meet some you you guys.

FF462
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]We will probably be well away from the launch area by 7 but we should be easy to find.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Come on by. We would like to meet you too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Just look for the 6' long red bobber's and a 11'foot floating yellow Banana and you will find us.
[signature]
[unsure] bummer, if I had someone to watch the baby I would come... Oh well maybe another time
[signature]
I feel your pain! [Tongue]

Just wait til the baby (babies in my case) is bigger... how much fun it will be fishing with him/her! [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like we gots us a mini floatilla lined up. Just a few suggestions.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]1. Wear sunscreen and protective clothing. It will be hot and there is high potential for sunburn.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]2. Bring DEET bug spray...and a headnet for the pesky midges that often hatch in the early morning.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]3. Bring hydration...of your choice. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]4. If using bait, bring a small cooler in which to keep it. Bait "goes south" fast in the heat.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]5. Bring a walkie talkie...set to channel 8...or down to 5 if there is a lot of crosstalk from the freeway. Announce yourself and who you are calling whenever you speak.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]See you all there. South marina as soon as we can get in. We are meeting at Smith and Edwards about 5ish...hoping we can get in the gate. Might not be open until 6. Good opportunity to meet and BS.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey TD is that like 5am...in the morning ... like before the sun comes up. hehe.. just messin with ya. See ya all there.

Majja
[signature]
[#0000ff]You young punks got no stamina. I will just be gettin' in after bein' out all night...knockin' down Geritol shooters. After I snort a couple of lines of Metamucil I will be good to go...literally. Just don't cut through my roostertail.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just so you don't panic, that big ball of light that will be coming up in the east (hopefully) is called the sun. I know you only see it during bright daylight hours, but you can now tell everybody that you know where it comes from every day.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I just let Majja know, but I won't be there tomorrow. The old man gets a new puppy and I get to raise him. He wakes up bouncing off the walls and has found that he can SHREDD! so I will be stuck closer to home to check on him.
If you guys can form another flotilla at like Jordanell, I am there.
[signature]
I wish I could go. My boss has made it a mandatory golf day. The thing is I don't golf anymore. I gave it up and don't care to touch another club again. So I would much rather be fishing than sitting in a golf cart all day. I am definately game on the next one.
[signature]