Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Homemade recipe for doughballs
hi im new here, im 15 years old and i ride my bike to go fishing everyday. i live in chicago, but enough about me.
i was looking online on recipes on how to make doughballs, and i havent found my recipe yet, so id figure id post it here. its all household ingredients.
ok what you will need is:
-3 slices of normal white bread, take off the crusts
-yellow fish breading
-mexican shredded cheese(taco cheese, if you will)
-a bowl
-a fork
-water
-any other extra thing that fish might be attracted to (garlic, corn, small bits of hotdog)

STEP 1: put 1 slice of bread into the bowl, put just enough cheese over it so you cant see the top of the bread. do this with the other 2 slices, put cheese on those too.

STEP 2: put a little bit of water over the bread. if you see a puddle of water at the bottom of the bowl, you put too much.

STEP 3: using your fork, mix the bread with the cheese as much as you can, so that you cant really see the little peices of cheese anymore.

STEP 4: add in any other extra flavoring that you think will work. personally, i crush up saltine crackers and i put garlic powder in it. dont add too much, i use 2-3 crackers and a little bit of powder. the saltine crackers will help the doughball get drier and will make it stick better on the hook so that the small fish dont nibble it off.

STEP 5: after all the stuff is mixed, add a handful of the yellow fish breading. mix that up.

STEP 6: keep adding yellow fish breading until the doughball is tough to your liking.

my dad told me this, and i thought he was pretty damn crazy, but when i used it i caught around a 9 pound carp.

also, this will make a doughball a little bigger then a baseball, for me i can use this for 1-2 days
[signature]
Good recipe and welcome to the forum! I haven't fished for carp in many years, but it is great fun. Your recipe sounds like it would work, I always added some vanilla extract to my doughballs, I guess the sweet smell helped to attract the carp.
This is probably old news to veteran carp fisherpeople, but I have a great recipe for cooking carp. Light up your grill and place a couple 2 by 4's across the grill after the flames die down. Place your carp filets over the 2 by 4's and season to taste. Grill until the meat is flaky, then throw out the carp and eat the 2 by 4's![Smile]
[signature]
Welcome aboard 15yearoldpro and thanks for sharing your secret recipe for carp bait with us.

We are glad to see that you are having good success with it. Please feel free to visit our Carp Board as well as share your recipe on the recipe board.

We have a special Thread just for bait recipes. I will find it and bring it to the top of the board.[cool]
[signature]