Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
damn snapping turtles
alright im in a bit of a dilemma, where i fish its this small local lake, i wouldnt even call it a lake its probably 4 foot deep in the middle and probably around the length of 4 school busses. but anyway, whenever me and my friends fish there, theres 2 damn snapping turtles that are like 2-3 foot long and 1 foot wide, they weigh like 30 damn pounds and always bite our bait and snap our lines. just recently we were fishing with doughballs and sure enough, the 2 turtles come and my idiot friend who uses a bobber about 5 feet up from his bait, and a stick he got from a tree for fishing, he hooked the turtle, and it snapped his line off the stick, so now the turtle swims around and you know hes coming because you see a bobber moving around under the water.

but i want to know how to get rid of these damn turtles, they ate so much bait of ours and snapped our lines too much.
[signature]
well if you can get them out of the water you can just get really thik gloovs and put them in a box and move them to onther local pond you dont fish
[signature]
I don't know what to damn tell ya.[sly] Good luck
[signature]
Some parachute line,steel leader and a treble hook with meat for bait and you will be making turtle stew in no time. Be very careful to keep away from the jaws when you get them on shore and use a hatchet to cut the neck.
[signature]
a .410 or .22 will fix it
[signature]
well you realy dont want to get rid of them, they are doing you a favor by beeing there, they are eatting all them little fish you are throwing back that die.

turtles are a riot to catch if you have a big enuff pole and 20 pound test line, if not use a quarter gallon milk jug, put a cup of watter in it tie your line to the jug, tie a leader to the jug and put on dogh ball or peice of liver.

toss the milk jug out holding on to the line, tie your end to a big stick like a 2x4 or sumthing. wait for the jug to start swimming around and pull him in, dont get your self pulled in. you will have a pretty fair game of tug-a-war.

If you catch a big snapper thay are good to eat. just come back here and I will find my directions on how to clean them. just keep them alive and drop me a Privet Message and I will get back to you right a way...
[signature]
They can be frustraiting. About 10 years ago I was at the river when the white bass were running and I had a stringer of atleast 50 nice size fish. Anyways I hadnt caught any in a while and decided to pack up and when I pulled my strinder out of the water I had nothing but fish heads and a big fat happy alligator snapper sitting down there (in texas by the way where the alligator snappers run wild). If alligator snappers werent threatend I think I would have shot the darn thing with my .357 [Wink]
[signature]