Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got another catfish
I got an 18 inch catfish last night. I got him with a nightcrawler. It was fun.
[signature]
I bet that was a fun one, 18 inches is good eating size for a channel cat. I might try to catch some channels tomorrow night if the crappie arnt doing anything.

Matt
[signature]
I kept him. I have him cut up in my freezer. I have not decided how I want to cook him. Fishing for catfish is a blast. Try med. to large fat head minnows and drag the bait on the bottom really slowly. Best bait in the world at least where I fish it is the best for catfish. I will post pictures once my Mom gets the pictures on the computer.
[signature]
I agree, cats are a blast to catch. When I was about 10 my uncle had a catfish pond on his cattle pond. We would dig up worms in the wood and head off to the pond as soon as the sun came up. The fish were all about 2-4 pounds and we would catch alot of them. I think that summer I spent out there working the chicken houses and fishing in the cattle pond was what really got me hooked. Then my buddy took me out to a golf course pond during the spawn when I was about 12 and I caught a 4 pound largemouth off a bassassasin. That was the point of no return for me [cool]
[signature]
good eats !!! i caught a 14" channel cat last weekend on my ultralight, made it sing for a while but definately a blast to bring in.
[signature]
I love fishing for catfish. They put up a heck of fight. Even once you get them to shore they will fight you. I learned that the hard way with my first big one I caught. It knocked me down and took off. My Dad thought I made it up until I brought home the 30 inch catfish. You have to be careful with those catfish never underestimate their strength otherwise even if you land the fish it will fight you. I learned that lesson the hard way.
[signature]