Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Utah.. I also want some crappies
[blue][size 3][font "Georgia"]First off I want to say thanks for all the help with the bass! I now need some crappie. I like catchin' them and they're pretty good eatin' too. I usually don't keep fish but I make exceptions for panners [Wink]. So, any advice or tips you could send my way would be greatly appreciated..
[/font][/size][/blue]
[signature]
Welcome to the boards.

I have been doing really well on crappie lately. Pineview seems to be the best place for them this year. Small jigs tipped with crawlers should score you a few. Find some submerged brush, and hop the jig through it or next to it. Once you find where they are holding, it's usually easy from there.

Don't be suprised if you score some nice smallies or largies either.... or the occasional tiger musky. [cool]
[signature]
Wow thanks for the heads up. I haven't landed a tiger muskie in over a year! Not since I left Minnesota haha
[signature]
I have to aggree with pineview for crappie, only take a small piece of worm on a hook about 2 1/2 feet under a bobber as close to a weed as you can. You will land one about every five min. I like to catch the little guys all day long.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks Troutlover.. I hear Pineview is a zoo. Is that true? But I guess if you're catching fish its well worth it Wink
[signature]
Yea it is on the weekends. Saturday and Sunday can really suck, but I do not know about during the week.
[signature]