Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 6/30/07
Took my son up to Pineview this morning to try for some bass. Today he's 8 and he wanted to catch a bass for his birthday. After I got some tips on how to and where to catch them we were off. Thanks LH2. Fishing was kinda slow but he managed to catch one big small mouth. I caught 4 or 5 smallies that were much smaller than his. I also had a musky on for a few minutes. We were rigged up with flourocarbon leader and the muskies teeth got the better end of that. It wasn't a huge musky but I did see it come out of the water and do a little dance before he got off.
It was a nice morning to be out on the water until about 7:30 when the power idiots came out. Trying to cross the lake in my boat was like trying to walk across the interstate without being hit. I think I had my whole boat out of the water a few times.
[signature]
[reply]
It was a nice morning to be out on the water until about 7:30 when the power idiots came out. Trying to cross the lake in my boat was like trying to walk across the interstate without being hit. I think I had my whole boat out of the water a few times. [/reply]

LOL. that would have been a sight to see.[Tongue]
[signature]
It's good that your son got a fish!

"big small mouth"
Hybrid?
[signature]
Too bad it wasn't better for you Travis. How big was the big one? Did the areas and tactics produce i told you about?
[signature]
Pineview has been quite bad this year, especially since Willard is a no go for most of the power squadron. Glad you could find a few fish though.
[signature]
Yeah the tactics worked well. I had to shop a little for a location most of the better looking areas were already take up. I did follow one guy through an area. He didn't catch a thing and I caught 3 and missed a few right behind him. That musky was an interesting sight though. Besides the one I hooked I saw 4 more up on the surface, one with his head clear out of the water like a snake. I tried to sight cast for them and one turned and came after it but still didn't take it.
I didn't weight Wyatt's fish but here is a picture of it.
[signature]
Very nice. I think i caught that fish.[angelic]
[signature]
Good to see Wyatt get in to some fish. All I know is the fish are going to glad when he gets turn onto the Elk.

Bass_Turd
[signature]