Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ballston Lake, Saratoga, NY
[Image: l_5a8bae0b957eecbbe7234104bbf407f8.jpg]
Big SMB
[Image: l_beb9537059019f39ac8759c4fe2da051.jpg]
33 Inch Northern Pike, wasn't sure how to hold it seeing that is my first one.

Hey everyone, I just started really getting into fishing this year seeing as my father bought a nice 17 foot smokercraft. One lake i really enjoy is Ballston Lake in Saratoga, NY. This lake is great for really just about anything. You can fish, tube, wakeboard...anything. Mice and Frogs work real well in the lilly pads, the only problem is that the fish seem like their on roids when they drag you under the pads. Black and Red spinners and buzzbaits work real well for me and my father had a sure 40 inch pike snatch his chatterbait. The lake is very calm, and the only con is that there is only one place to launch the boat and it costs $10. But it is definatley worth it if your going to go out all day on the lake. The lake is not that big, but it is never really crowded. The pike really seem to like the entrance to the second narrow, and the LMB really like the lilly pads in the first and second narrow.

Thanks for reading.
[signature]
how is round lake? ive been wanting to go there, but usually go to saratoga or ballston lake...also, everywhere that i seem to go in NY state, tommyknocker top water lures are killers around noon time.
[signature]
Big Ed I haven't fished round like but I have been fishing everywhere else. I have fished Ballston Lake once a couple of weeks ago pulled in 4 nice large mouth bass and one 36 inch northern Pike spinner baits. I have fished Lake Lonely and been killing the large moth there and pulled in a few small male 20 to 26 inch northern pikes there. I fished the north hudson Ext 18 on the north way been catching a lot of (12/14 inch) small mouth there with geen and yellow crank baits. How well do you know Saratoga Lake I need some input there fished it one time after work for 3 hours pulled in 6 small large mouths bass. Let me know about Saratoga Lake and do you fish tournments around here?
[signature]