Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview on the 4th
Took the family to pineview mostly to swim, but we did do a little fishing. My son and I just fished from the bank only catching a couple fish and the dog before we quit and just swam.

The interesting part of the morning was right after we got there, there were 2 guys in a small fiberglass flat bottom boat about a 10'er or so. The guy in the front had a huge bend in the rod so I watched from a distance to see what he had. They ended up pullling in a nice musky. While they had the second one on a good old ski boat came rolling in and I guess was trying to dump them. The fisherman were sitting agout even with the wakeless bouys and the skiers were going in and out of the bouys. One tiime the ski boat came within 15' of the fisherman. I can't believe they did not go swiming! The bad thing was that the ski boat just kept coming back over and over again. The fisherman did have time to get his cell phone out and make a call and about 10 minutes later the Weber County sherrif was over there talking to the guys in the ski boat. I don't know if they got a ticket or not, but I sure hope they did. I'm surprised that the fishermen didn't retaliate some how. I think I would have thrown something(s) at them and a whole lot of shouting.
[signature]
Sounds like the ski boat driver was a total prick! I hope he got a ticket!
[signature]
Yeah the ski boat driver was a she also, at least for the first dozen pass by's then she was the wakeboarder. I wish that they would have impounded the boat. I know that's a little overboard, but hopefully the word would get out to the skiers that we are tired of their messing around dangerous behavior.
[signature]
[reply]
I wish that they would have impounded the boat. I know that's a little overboard, but hopefully the word would get out to the skiers that we are tired of their messing around dangerous behavior. [/reply]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Well said Travis ... Great idea ...

That would definately send a message that would get passed around the boating community.[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
Pineview is a dangerous place for fisherman in small boats. Especially this year because all the Willard folks came to join the fun. I don't understand this big deal between fisherman and skiiers. I just don't understand why the skiiers have to hassle the fisherman so much. My whole family is into waterskiing/wakeboarding and they are all courteous to the fisherman. Some people are just plain rude! If that ever happened to me I would gladly sacrifice a $5 rapala to tear up some upohlstry or heck, maybe some skin. Wouldn't be much of a fight but at least it would do a little damage.
[signature]
As a licensed ambulance chaser, I can only imagine the case I could bring if the fisherman's boat actually capsized and someone was injured!
[signature]
yep impound there boat and then call a news station so everyone could see what might happen to there boat if the do the same ignorent thing.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Yea, I know that chucking something at a skier is tempting but that could cause some pretty serious injuries. I'm sure it's been done but I hope I never see it happen. That's why I like Elkaholic's idea so well.[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
WOW, this makes me fighting, fighting , mad. Where was this, at the damn, N. Fork???? Could you imagine if this was a tuber like this old fart???? Damn, I sure would like to know what happened to these ------------*, I can't say the words!!! I fish there a lot and although I've had a lot of --------* go by much too close. nothing like this.[mad] Makes me want to take the law into my own hands back at the dock on their trailer, etc. I know, not smart, and not the right way!!!![mad] Does make you hope these -----* get what they deeserve sometime in life.
Leaky
I am not surprised by this story or others like it. This crap happens all to often. Just to balance the scales a little though, here's a story about what happened to me at willard on the 4th. I took the wife and kids out to ski,tube,wakeboard etc... and being an avid fisherman myself, I understand the frustration with "the power squadron" soooo, I set up in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE in open water and anchored out the tube (to stake my claim, so to speak) and proceeded to ski and wake board in a 1000 yard area around my tube. We had been in the same spot for about an hour just doing our thing when two "fishing" style boats motored up and started fishing about a 100 yards from my tube. No problem with me really UNTIL.... These guys started really giving ME crusty looks and rude gestures when I came near MY tube. I geuss what I'm saying is, there's plety of a-holes to go around and quite honestly, they live on both sides of the proverbial fence.

If people would just practice a little courtesy and use some common sense, there'd be a lot less frustration on the water.
[signature]
you know D-mack you are right there are just as meny A-hole fishermen out there as powerasquadron a-holes.. if any of ya dont beleve me go to FG and drop a bouy out and catch a big mack right next to it and see how fast you get pushed off your own bouy by 6 to 10 boats!!
[signature]
Got an idea for you guys: Get yerself some frozen paintballs and keep a little collapsable cooler in your boat/tube to keep the paintballs cold. Next, get your handy dandy sling shot and keep it on the ready! No way can you launch a paintball 150' accurately so if you bean the guy/girl passing too close, it just proves they were passing to close! Let them go get the ranger/cop and just show them your gear when they come to talk to you. If the ranger/cop has any sense, they'll write the a-hole the ticket, not you!

Anyway, just a thought![laugh]
[signature]
You know, my brother and I went out to Rockport and was fishing from the shore a year ago and a boat came within 5 feet of our bobbers so we hollered at em and they then kept coming back and yelling and flipping us off so we finally started throwing rocks at them and they went and told the Ranger and he wanted to give us a ticket. Any time anything happens to those skiers they have it coming.
[signature]
ive been thinking about getting a powerful airhorn and blast them with it whenever they get to close
[signature]