Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tie it all down!
[size 1]Met tubeN2 at Broad Beach Rd this 6 AM. The water was really narly with rip tides. TubeN2 suggested we go north to Summerland and go kick some butts. It was a nice and easy beach launch just like TubeN2 said it would be. I went outside to the kelp and first off tried to make some bait. It was slow making even with using soaked dried anchovies(Japanese markets carry bags)as a chum line. I tried most of my arsenal and found gulp shrimp and mullet the best on 3/8 lead heads. Caught and released many white fish and had a strong butt bite. Looked up and saw TubeN2 going in so I followed and It was a good thing I did. The tide was changing. I buttoned down everything except my fishing rods which were attached to leashes and in the holders. Big mistake. I made my approach and made the first wave when bam I got hit with a second ripping wave that flipped me over. I finally got wet, it was a long two year run without any mishaps. When you go yaking plan on getting wet that goes with the sport. Broke one of my oldest Diawa graphite rods and lost my back up glasses. What hurt the most was my pride. Many thanks to TubeN2 for good suggestions and the help with some of the gear. It was a fun time and hope to go out again soon with a Pro like TubeN2. [/size]
[signature]