Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shark fishing on pier
hey i would like to know everyones tricks of shark fishing from a pier post all your tips and tricks please

mien all i really do is fish a penn 6/O on bottom with a manhannen live or dead and then one out a a balloon with something live (if the wind is right)
[signature]
I like to use a big reel also but only for the line capacity. I will cast out a 6 to 8oz pyramid sinker and let it hit the bottom.

Next, I will attach a sliding rig to it with a 1oz weight on the clip and a nice chunk of squid or Mackerel. This rig slides all the way down to the bottom very slowly. Every 20 minutes, I slide down another rig to keep a fresh scen trail going.[cool]
[signature]
Hey there partner. First of all, if you're planning on shark fishing from a pier in Horry County, it's illegal to shark fish from the shore in horry county. You'll have to move down to Georgetown County for that. But, if you are going somewhere where it's legal, here's a few tricks.

First of all, I like sending out a chunk of bait on a balloon if the wind permits. The wind really needs to be blowing out to sea to be able to do it. Just use a large steel leader and attach a balloon through the snap swivel at the top of the leader. Drop it down and feed it slack until it gets to the desired distance away from the pier. You can also just drop the rig strait down. I like doing this around the bait tables, as they naturally hold plenty of fish. Just substitute the balloon with a heavy lead and drop it strait down. You might find it difficult to cast a 114 Penn. LOL! You might also want to bring a fighting belt with a back harness that clips on the reel. It's either that or some strong pain killers for you back if you land one. [Wink] Menhaden are great bait, dead or alive. I like using live bait just because it increases your chances of hooking other types of game fish. Good luck!
[signature]
ill be shark fishing in NC off the piers yea i know about horry county thanks for all the tips so far keep them coming
[signature]
Glad to learn of the Horry issue. Is that a DNR reg. or a county law? I've seen some nice sharks caught off the jettys in Georgetown..lots being caught..where are the piers in Georgetown county?

I'm in Columbia..mostly a freshwater guy. I'm building MyFish so you guys are welcome to join and get a personal page..lots of free stuff for anglers.

BA
[signature]
Or maybe get a live mackeral about 4 or five inches long and poke a few holes in him and that would sense to the shark that the mackeral is injured, plus a blood trail from the holes.....!
[signature]

what is the shark size you expect to catch?
[signature]
iv caught 4 footers out there and iv seen them probably 8+ foot
[signature]
hi dan you fish pretty close to me i fish holden beach pier i havent seen any massive sharks like u say on HB people have told me they've seen 10+ foot shaarks there but me my self half seen any iv been shark fishing for the past 2 wweeks off that peir with live bait manly and only had 9 runs and only 2 caught so i need help on getting them to me and id like to catch big sharks like these 10+ foot thaqat people see out there
[signature]