Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tooning today
I posted this on the Utah Board also, but we were in our toons, so I thought I would post it here also. What a Day. It was a little slow in the Soldier Creek area and wind picked up pretty good around 11:00 a.m.
We were in on the water by 8:00 a.m. so I headed straight out and then turned right towards the docked boats. Had a nice fish right out of the gate.
I then noticed a boat heading in our direction so I waited for a minute and sure as shooting it was Hellsangler69. Very nice Night Hawk you support there[Wink] Would have love to chat more, but we had just got there and you had been there for a while so we had to catch up[laugh]
Like I said it was a bit slow, but the FAST sink line, a 6wt rod and the Crayfish pattern did it's thing. Mojo had a 29", but he couldn't get his camera and wrestle the fish, and about all I could offer was a BAD BEND IN HIS ROD.
I caught a few in the 18" to 22", but no Bows and one DINK chub. All in all a good day.

[inline "Strawberry 7-8-07 007 400.jpg"]

[inline "Strawberry 7-8-07 004 400.jpg"]

[inline "Strawberry 2 400.jpg"]

[inline "Strawberry 7-8-07 003 400.jpg"]

[inline "Strawberry 5 400.jpg"]
[signature]
Nice fish and yes I would call that a good day..
Nice report.
[signature]
hey sis....nice report and great looking pics.. Id say you and mojo had a good day on the water... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Excellent. Glad you dialed 'em in. Those crawdad patterns are deadly in the shallows in the late fall.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That 29"er must have been a hog. There are some bigguns in there for sure. Always fun to bend your stick and stretch your string on those babies.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
It was fun, but I do wanna report that they were taken in 30+ feet of water and my first was at 55'. But then my Crayfish pattern also multi tasks. It could also be a chub.

[inline Crayfish.jpg]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]...or lead guitar in a rock band.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have found that what the fish think is more important that what we think. If they vote for it, that's all that counts.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Good report FG, glad you had a productive trip.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Did you and Alan catch all of your fish on the crayfish tie?[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]What are the components of that fly?[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]BTW, really like the looks of your custom net. That looks like a handy tool (handle length just right for tooning).[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Saber, all mine were caught on the Crayfish (Burnt Orange Rabbit strip on the back body is Red Chenille and the collar is Burnt Orange Marabou Gartside style...NO WEIGHT), but I caught a chub on a Hairsear[laugh]
Alan's big one was on a Midnight Fire Boobie Fly on Type VII sink line. I was using 300 grain Depth Charge.
But the rest were on the Chub.\

Love those nets...ever want one, I am the dealer, but I didn't say that out loud.[angelic]
[signature]
[black][size 3]The Boobie that you tie, I assume by the name that you tie it with a long black marabou tail, and a short body of midnight fire chenille.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Do you tie it with large barbell eyes, (Rainey's carp style)?[/size]
[size 3][/size]

[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Large Cylinder foam. I would love to have the little Stro Balls that Rainy carries and I might get some when I place my order, but the Cylinder foam tied figure 8 works fine, and I bought a bunch of little tiny DOLL eyes at Michael's that I glue on the foam for fun, or leave them white and put a black marker dot.
[signature]