Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perchthon Business and Details
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like we got at least 6-8 folks joining us at Rock Cliffs on Thursday. Here's some basic info to make sure everybody is on the same page...or at least the same lake.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Time: Whenever you wanna show up. TubeBabe and I will probably be there about 6 and hope to be afloat soon thereafter. Anybody who wants chit chat will need to be there at that time. Afterwards, we will be on walkie talkies...channel 8. If you call out, announce yourself by name and who you want to talk to.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Area: We will probably spend most of our fishing time at the far east end of the lake...in the shallower areas out around the brush. That is where most of the bass and perch have been hanging out. There are also good areas on both sides of the Rock Cliff arm, along the steep banks. Sonar helps for finding fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Festivities: We will probably plan to be off the water about 11 AM. We will go first to the fish cleaning area, to fillet out our fish...and those of anybody else who wants to donate to the fish fry. TubeBabe and I will bring our propane super fryer and oil...and the coating for the fish. We will also bring paper plates and napkins. In short, we will take care of the fish part. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Timeframe: After filleting the fish, we will hunt up a table or two for the fish fry. The whole thing shouldn't take more than about an hour. If the weather is decent (no W) we can hit the water again for some afternoon delight.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Other stuff: It would be nice if some of the others could bring side goodies...like salad, bread, desert items, etc. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Post it up: Please respond to this thread if you plan to attend, what time you will be there and what you can contribute to our waistlines. Look forward to seeing everybody on the water and maybe even catching enough fish so that we can have lunch.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Will be there before six hopefully. Will have a pen that works so I don't waste another 15 mins trying to fill out the pay stubb.

Will bring some chips.
[signature]
I'll be there, ill bring something for the eats just dont know what yet
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Got the SFC set up...rod holders, sonar, net, etc. Bring pliers and other personal stuff. Oh yeah, do you have a fish basket?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also putting together a small Lake X survival kit (perch jigs).[/#0000ff]
[signature]
cool, i do have a fish basket, (as long as i remember to bring it)
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That's okay. I might forget your tube.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
LOL. that would just ruin my fishing trip...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Unless you can STILL walk on water.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]No worries, mate. Gotcha covered...fins too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
got everything setting out ready to go. even remembered my pfd
[signature]
Hey I'll be sure to have my basket and hopefully a pole or two. But as for the perch jigs... I haven't targeted perch on the soft water before. What should I bring that would work best for decent size perch?

Looking forward to some fun fishing.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Small tubes and twisters...1 1/2" or 2"...with 1/16 oz. heads will work fine. White, chartreuse or red/chartreuse combos are good. Plan to tip them with a half inch of crawler for best results. They will actually hit just about everything. Ask the guys who fish Senkos and other large lures for smallies. Sometimes the perch drive you wacko. But, they seem to be tougher to find and catch if you are looking for them. That's fishing.[/#0000ff]
[signature]