I got some more flathead

[Image: 070107size.jpg]

[Image: 070507Bsize.jpg]

[Image: 070307Dsize.jpg]

[Image: 062707size.jpg]
[signature]
nice catch man! pretty damn big.
[signature]
Another fine batch of Cats. I swear! If you ain't catching cats, you ain't living!

You da man Robby.[Wink]

(any more front pages on the mags?)[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey katfish,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Them sure are some fine looking flatheads ! Great job and thanx for sharing the photos.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Nice catfish. You keep them or let them go? I keep mine. I like how they taste when they are cooked right. I like to eat Channel catfish. Where you fishing at? I see what looks like a Brown's logo on the chair in the background. is it one? I love the Brown's my favorite team. What type of bait you use? I personally use minnows up until I depleted the population as I catch them all in my bait trap. Now I am using my own original dough bait recipe. That way the minnows have time to grow.
[signature]
Katfish is a profound Cat angler. He is dedicated to what he does and to the ecology. He does release his enormous cats.

He is on the cover of several magazines. He's da man![cool]
[signature]
Well to each their own. If you aren't going to eat them why keep them? I love to eat channel catfish. I only keep the larger ones I throw back the smaller ones so they can grow. I figure the best way for more to come back is to let the small ones go so they can grow and keep the big ones for eating as they have more meat on them. I really like to eat catfish. I have rule I know it is a stupid rule but if I get one big channel catfish I leave for the night. I figure one a day is sufficient even though the limit I believe 5 a day. I usually will go through a dry spell for a few days where I don't get any hits at all after I get one. It takes a few days for them to come back.
[signature]
It looks like you have the attitude of a true angler. Limit your kill but don't kill your limit.

It is wonderful to Catch & Release as often as you can. It is also nice to Catch & Eat as needed. I practice both myself.

I fully agree with you about letting the smaller ones "Go to Grow". For that reason, some states even set Slot limits on fish. That is when the State determines that you can only keep a fish at a certain size. If they are smaller, they go back. If they are bigger they go back.

That helps the smaller ones grow and helps the bigger ones get to be state records.[cool]
[signature]
There is no size limit in the State of PA for channel cats. I think there should be as well it would let more monster fish grow up in PA and give us all a heck of a fight. I got one tonight probably about 1 and half feet roughly. I let him go asap as I have enough meat in my freezer and he is not a monster catfish... not yet. Put up a decent fight. The only limit is on the amount you can catch in one day. Until I finish eating the meat I have ,unless I get a record which I may if I keep going the way I am going, I am just going to throw them back. I am just going to work on perfecting my original recipe for catfish dough bait. I have caught 2 catfish on my own dough bait recipe. a 27 inch channel catfish and about 1 and half foot roughly catfish tonight. My problem is not attracting the catfish. I have 2 problems keeping the bait on the hook and the bait is sticky as it is comprised of alot of sugars. I have solved the problem of being to sticky and staying on the hook but my other problem I have to finishing preparing the bait after I get to the lake to fish. I role the dough in a giant dough ball that gets rolled in the dirt. Yeah dirt. Well I need to find something that acts like the dirt to keep it from being sticky and holding together better. Any suggestions? It is a pain having to role all the bait in the dirt while I could be fishing. Any suggestions on a better thing to use to help keep it from being so sticky and to help it stay on the hook better? Thanks.
[signature]
What kind of hook are you using now?
[signature]
Even if your state doesn't have size restrictions, you as an angler can set your own personal limits. That's how you get more satisfaction from your catches.

As far as the sticky dough goes, it sounds like you should be rolling it in a little more flower. You could also have more luck keeping it on the hook if you use the "Dough" hooks.

The dough hooks are treble hooks with a little spring in the middle. They also help when you are using cheese. I used to fish alot for Catfish using Velveeta cheese. That works well with Channel Cats too.[cool]
[signature]
[Tongue] A little less dirt, and a little more flour! LOL
[signature]
We have some good dough bait recipes on the Recipe board. The majority of them have stated that if the dough is too sticky, simply add more flour.

It works for me![cool]
[signature]