Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pier and surf fishing at dauphin island
four weeks ago i went to dauphin island tried my luck on the pier with no success and again the next day on the beach with the same results.i was using cut bait and shrimp on different lines fishing on the bottom and nothing was biting think i was doing something wrong or that nothing was biting those day's any suggestions anybody? planning another trip the 28th and 29th was using a 7ft pole with a 25lb test on it with a 4 oz weight on a wire leader with a stainless steel hook the last time i was down there the other pole was a bit smaller with a 15lb test with the same setup. at this point I'll take any suggestions on what to do at this point.........[unsure]
[signature]
Don't know about dauphin island, but I was in Orange beach in June. Had good luck fishing right in front of our condos. Go early in the morning before anyone is on the beach. I had succes with light tackle, 8lb test. Use live shrimp or small sandfleas. If you can,t keep live shrimp it is still better to buy them and put them on ice than to use the dead ones that have been lying around or frozen. i caught plenty of whiting up to 14" right where the surf hits the beach. If you are casting more than six or seven feet that is to far. Casting farther out I only caught ladyfish and small jacks. For long casts you might try using a live shrimp under a float.
[signature]
The Pier is usually best during tide change. Go to the surf line from the pier and use the Sand Crabs or Shrimp from hight to low tide.

Fish a little deeper from low to high.[cool]
[signature]
if you where fishing on dauphin island pier you where fishing in the sand .try cedar point pirer right before you go over the bridge. its on the bay side but u can catch any thing there that you can catch in the gulf its only 5 dollars and u dont need a fishing license.
[signature]