Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feathers
Was just wondering if any folks here use or would like to use either Ring-neck Pheasant, Chukkar, Ruffed Grouse, Woodcock, drake Mallard, drake Wood Duck or 'White' and Canadian Goose feathers?
[signature]
Yes[cool]
[signature]
lol .."YES" to all, FG?
[signature]
Yes[cool]
[signature]
gotchya - I'll let ya know when the dogs are working.
[signature]
Let me know when you have some samples. I'll be sure to use some when you have some available.

I'll even tie you some nice Bass flies.[cool]
[signature]
Thank you, he, he, he[laugh]
[signature]
That is diffinite yes to all.

never tied with chukkar. there are not many places where you can buy it.
[signature]
Yes! Yes! Yes?

Not many places where you can find chukkar or ruffed grouse.

The bread crust fly, as I remember, takes ruffed grouse wing feathers. It is an older pattern that used to be quite popular.

I have seen some patterns calling for chukkar but I can't recall any but I am sure a search will find a number. of them.
[signature]
sounds good tN2[Wink]
[signature]
you to Scruffy [Wink]
[signature]
Send me a PM with your addresses or where ever you want me to send 'em so I have it on file here. That way I can toss 'em in the mail as soon as I get 'em. lt'll help keep things tidy around the house here.

[Wink]
[signature]
Yes, me too, thanks[cool]
[signature]
copy that
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Thanks for offering our member all those goodies. We sure do have a lot of nice folks around here. Thanks again.[cool][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I hate to waste much Dryrod and if someone can use the feathers all the better. Bird carcases and feathers usually get burried, burned or put in the trash after I keep what I want.

Just to let you other flyfishers onto another source for fly feathers and hair.. check into your local game farms, hunt clubs and hunt guides. Inquire about what they do with theirs.. I'd bet you'll be suprised that they say "free for the taking" in most cases. Being polite and courteous could benifit you with more than fly tying materials.. inside information on local waters and such could be had too if you've got any sort of personality [Wink]
[signature]
We sure do....and I plan on paying for Postage. It is like Gas, keeps going up!
[signature]