Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some old stuff
Thought I'd share a few of the old things I have layin' around the house here while I was packing things..

- The rod is a Horton mfg 9' "Bristol" telescoping steel fly rod (3 guides + tip) made back when they invented dirt.
- Two different series Perrine autos side cleat (No.51) and top cleat (No.57P) models
- Shakespeare No.1845 model-GE side cleat auto

Sorry for the poor quality on the pictures.. my digital Kodak 6490DX took a crap on me.

[Image: 5x4latf.jpg]

[Image: 6b9iv7q.jpg]

[Image: 4mjcxsn.jpg]

[Image: 4zbw1nm.jpg]

[Image: 4m8pled.jpg]

That rod is what I had my first lesson on from my great grandfather on my dad's side when I was 6... 30 yrs ago [shocked] He handed down one of his Abercrombie and Fitch bamboo rods that I cherrish but its packed up already along with a bunch of the other stuff I had in the house. Those reels still work great and I still use the No.51 Perrine on one of the old glass rods to toss bird wings around to train pointer pups with [cool]

[self edit - spelling [blush]]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there birddogwi - thanks for sharing those old goodies with us. Almost like having the Antique Road show on our site. I took my Dad's old boo and hung it in my family room. Sort of like to think that my Dad will be taking it down for one more trip to the river. He left here almost 30 years ago for a place where one can fish 24/7. Right behind those Pearly Gates.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I too have one of the old telescopic metal rods, but those auto reels are SWEET!
[signature]
yep I hear ya Dryrod. Having the 'special' items around keeps a bit of the old timer with us.. good memories[Smile]
[signature]
[reply]
I too have one of the old telescopic metal rods, but those auto reels are SWEET! [/reply]

[cool]

Ever cast that rod?.... the term "30' in a cloud of dust" comes to play here [laugh][laugh]

I agree - the old autos are sweet.. potato chip sized gills don't stand a chance either[Smile]
[signature]