Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grouse Everywhere!!!
Just thought I would let everyone know that this year should be a great year for grouse. I headed up the mountain today to get my trail camera and on the way back down we couldn't go 100 yards without slamming on the brakes for grouse. We were up on the main highway in between the turn off to Causey and the Sourdough entrance. I snapped a bunch a pictures for your viewing pleasure.
I also attached a pic of a buck I got on the trail cam, looks like he is running for his life. Should have had more pics of bucks in the area but a hanging leaf decided to use up the whole memory card in one day. Maybe next time
Hookjaw
[signature]
Awesome! Sent you a pm.[cool]
[signature]
That's freakin awesome! Nice buck too. [cool]
[signature]
That is great! Cool pics as well.
[signature]
Nice pictures, Not a bad buck.

IFG
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Nice!! Looks like you've got yourself a nice little grouse spot there. Not too shabby of a buck either..except for the fact that it looks like its scared out of its skin!![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I know a couple people that have property on sourdough so if I can somehow convince them to let me go up there and control the grouse population, then I'm in luck. If not, then it's back up to the old Curtis Creek, where the grouse hunt has been pretty disappointing the last couple of years. I usually end up with one or two on opening day and maybe three or four the whole rest of the season (if i'm lucky). I'm hoping for a big sage grouse this season.
FYI if anyone wants to shoot a sure limit of grouse, you can go to Deseret land and livestock and they will let you hunt for the day for $50. If I get a sage grouse permit this year I might consider doing it.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Good luck on the sage permit! I'm not a big grouse hunter, but I go after them every once in a while...I'd rather chase chukars![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I do a lot of Chukar hunting too but my passion lays in the thick forest deep in the pines. There is just a certain rush about hunting upland game birds in the middle of a thick forest. I absolutely love it!
[signature]
AMEN[cool]
[signature]
Hook,
Sage Chicken permits go on sale the either the 7th or 8th of Aug at the DNR. Since I work 3rd shift I will be there at 8AM. Don't pay to hunt Deseret, you can go with me and you'll have 2 in no time. Since I will be retired, I plan on spending the opening week of the season out in the middle of no-where blasting Chuckars, Huns and my 2 Sages. The weekend before I will up near Curtis Creek blasting Grouse. I always do really well up there. Only 6 more weeks and I get to shoot flying things, I can't wait. Just wish TKB could tag along this year.........stupid house.

IFG
Flying things are coming soon.... No need to wait in line for a sage grouse permit. You can buy those online this year.

"Sage-grouse and sharp-tailed grouse permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. You can obtain these permits at wildlife.utah.gov and from license agents and Division offices, beginning August 7 at 8:00 a.m."
[signature]