Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly stik rods
I fish exclusively with Shakespeare uglystik rods, if anyone makes rods using these blanks let me know. Or if someone makes a rod with similar flexibility let me know.

thanks
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]Hey Chef, I too have a couple of the ugly ones. I even have an ugly stick lite fly rod. I found two on clearance at walmart for $8.96 so I bought them both. As far as fly rods go, they are heavy and slow, but I have whacked the tip several times with a clouser minnow and it hasn't broke yet. Are you looking for someone to custom build one out of a ugly stick blank or are you wanting to know if there are other rodmakers that use the same formula. Here is a good place to get ugly stick blanks online. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[url "http://www.mudhole.com/docs/shake.html"][font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]http://www.mudhole.com/docs/shake.html[/size][/#0000a0][/font][/url]

[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]Lamiglass rods are pretty tough as well, but I haven't used them as much. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]
[signature]
Yeah i have a Ugly fly rod too but, i don't fly fish a whole lot.

I am looking for some one to build me a couple of custom rods using uglystik blanks. If you can do this or know someone who can please let me know

thanks
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]I could build some rods for you, I am not really in it commercially, just something I do in my spare time. Give me an idea of what you want and I can give you an idea on prices. I just sent you an e-mail with some of my work. I like to make custom handles from golden aspen and I also like doing decorative wraps so let me know exactly what you want. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[Image: TYLE9991CustomImage0215652.jpg]

[Image: TYLE9991CustomImage0229547.jpg]

[Image: TYLE9991CustomImage0244555.jpg]
[signature]
Wow those were some nice rods, How much were you into that fly rod?

I need a lightweight spinning rod about 5'6" I liked the wrapping on your pic. I would also like a few graphics on the shaft if possible. I can easily arrange to come pick it up so we won't have to worry about shipping it. If you can find an uglystik blank that would be great, if not something with equal flexibility would also work. The custom wood handle is really nice, if you would, price me the wood and also a standard cork handle.

these two types of styles look pretty good
[Image: amtak_blue_sf_small.jpg][Image: pacbay_g17_rsts.jpg]keep in touch
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]Thanks Chef, I was into the fly rod about $130. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]I can get uglystick blanks, did you want a one or two piece. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]For decals click the decals link on this page and see which ones you like[/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[url "http://www.mudhole.com/default.html"][font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]http://www.mudhole.com/default.html[/size][/#0000a0][/font][/url]

[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]If you don't like that selection, let me know, I can find more[/size][/#0000a0][/font]
[signature]
Two piece for sure, the decal i want is the redheaded or blond mermaid, either one will do. I was going to post the pic here to show you but it is a little inappropriate for the site. I found it on the mudhole link under decals.

Also, what colors of thread do you have for wrapping?

If you have any questions let me know.
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]One more question, what weight of line do you intend to use on this rod and will you use any superlines. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]They don't have a blank that is that length, but I can shorten a longer blank to get the desired action and length. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]I want to increase my thread colors so if I don't have the colors that you want, i will get them. Just let me know what colors you would like. If you want, I can send you pictures of some different styles of rod wraps to pick from. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]
[signature]
Yeah please send me some pics. I usually use between a 4 and 10 lb. line. I have never used a super line. I would like some bright color threads, I was picturing red, yellow,green and blue.
[signature]
OH YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL THERE , MY UGLY FLY ROD (FY 1100 8'6" 2.55M -#8FLY LINE ) CAME WITH A BROWNING 2078 REEL FOR A SALE PRICE OF $80.00 , I'M AN UGLY FAN . AND HAVE SEVERAL MODELS .

SORRY FOR BUTTIN IN , SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GOING TO BE BUILDING ONE BEAUTY OF A ROD !
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]But in anytime lonehunter, I thought those rods were about that much that is why I snatched them up before anyone else could. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]Here is a picture of the rod wrap Chefwhofishes likes if he has me build his rod. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[Image: TYLE9991CustomImage0252557.jpg]
[signature]

[signature]
thats sweet ! i like it . they say only one percent of all fishermen demand quality in there rods , the rest buy off the rack . a coustom rod reflects the personality of it's owner and his status as a serious fisherman . immagine the envey of the other guys as they see you with your coustom rod . fishing in style , the top dog ! yea , there's nothing like that feeling .

chef is one lucky guy .
[signature]
Never mind... [Wink]

Fishslayer
[signature]