Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black/Chartreuse jigs...
So, over the years I have acquired a few black/chartreuse jigs that I have never really used. I was just wondering if anyone has ever had any success throwing this color of jig. When are the best times to throw it, and my real question is, what color of trailer do you prefer to throw with it? I would assume that the best time to throw it would be in muddy water, but has anyone found that there's a time of year when it works better than others or anything like that? Anyways, anyone with any info would be appreciated...thanks guys
[signature]
Every body of water is different, but what ive come to learn is that Pike like black and bass LOVE chartreuse. I've never used them colored jigs before, only spinners, buzz, and chatterbaits.
[signature]
Stained water and night time would be the time to throw it. Use a black trailer. If a jig is your confidence bait always throw it no matter what time of year.
[signature]
I agree with gd, stained water. I'll use a dark blue/black (with some added red flake) trailer with it. I only use this combo on one body of water so my experience is limited but it works great so far.
[signature]
Dark water, dark conditions,= Dark color lures.[cool]
[signature]
Awesome...thanks guys...that's kind of what I was thinking...a dark trailer...primarily black...I'll have to give it some chances and see if I can get it to produce...and yes, a jig is indeed my confidence bait...if I can't get them to bite anything else, I'll throw a jig all day...
[signature]
My Wife and me use those colors alot. They work good in stained water.
[signature]
I basically select colors depending on water clarity. Black and blue is my favorite color in lightly-stained water, which is the color of water that occurs in many of lakes I fish. Therefore, the black-and-blue color seems to be the most appropriate in the slightly stained water. Now when I go to a lake that has really-clear water, then I'll fish browns and pumpkin green. When I'm fishing really-muddy water, I prefer to fish black-and-chartreuse-colored jigs. The jig is one of my favorite lures to use. I can always count on it to put some fish in the boat.[cool]
[signature]
for most of the guys I fish with, black and chartruse are the go to colors, the third most popular colors among the guys I fish with is hot pink....

each color has thier day... [Tongue]
[signature]
Hey Alex, not too sure about bass, but I like the black with chartruse tail for walleyes in the fall. not much help for bass but in Utah lake in the fall black/chartruse is the one that will catch walleye. later chuck
[signature]