Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I found the 27 inch catfish pic I wanted to post
I have to wait for the 24 inch one but here is the 27 inch one taken with my mom's digital camera. It is another channel catfish. I took this one with my own original home made dough bait. I listed a pack of 2 of my home made dough balls on ebay. I need to get money so I can enter the katmasters.com fishing tourney. Not sure how soon the auction will show up in search results. Anyways though you might like to see my catfish pics.
[signature]
Nice job Santaa. That must have been a fun fight.[cool]
[signature]
oh yeah it was a blast. I fought him in on a medium action rod. he sure made me sweat. I bought a more flexible medium action pole for 20 bucks it came with a reel but the 24 inch one before it when I landed it frigged up the reels gears. I still have it but it needs fixed and well I don't want to fix it yet. I just have not had time. I am selling the bait on ebay I caught him on. Tom's Catfish Bait. search catfish bait and it will pop up if you would like a look.
[signature]
What river are you fishing? It seems like you are consistanly catching some quality channels. Good job.

Matt
[signature]
I am not fishing a river. I am fishing a lake. Lake Arthur in Pennsylvania. I went tonight but got nothing. My girlfriend got some blue gill and 2 mud cats. One of those dumb things bit me when I was trying to get the hook out.[mad] It has gotten colder recently so I may be done catching catfish for the year. Doubt that but you never know. The mud cats were caught on my home made dough bait. Man it hurts when those little buggers bite you. I got bit by one early in the season it was my first catfish and again with one my girlfriend caught she did not want to take it off the hook generally she will take care of baiting her hook and taking fish off but she did not want to get bit or stun by stingers so I got bit instead of her. It was a nine inch mud cat that was my first catfish. From what I heard mud cats only get to 14 inches. How far I have come since I caught my first catfish. from 9 inches to a whopping 30 inch one as my best. I have yet to beat that one. The 27 inch one gave me my best fight as I was using a medium action rod for that one and the 30 inch one was caught on a bigger fishing rod. I have caught a lot of nice size channel catfish on my dough bait. I set it up on ebay you can buy the bait I use if you like. I am not selling the recipe. I could not bring myself to sell my recipe. I need money for books for school. I messed up school last semester and well I lost my financial aid. I am going to be listing more of them if the first 2 sell one is an auction and one is buy it now. search catfish bait and look for Tom's catfish bait. If it sells I will be listing alot more of them for sale. I really need money to pay for school. I am hoping to get back on track with school. Please take a look at my auction and buy it now advertisement.
[signature]
[Wink] Nice cats!! I haven't fished too much for catfish. What is the best way to rig for catching some nice cats?
[signature]
really a simple way to rig it. take the bobber off have one heavier sinker and then size 6 Eagle Claw fishing hooks. use bait like dough balls or fat head minnows. Commercial dough is garbage don't even bother with it. Make it yourself or you can buy mine on ebay. search catfish bait on ebay and get Tom's Catfish bait. No dough bait hook needed.That is what I got my 27 inch channel catfish. Look for areas near shore where it goes out a little bit shallow but then just drops all of the sudden and goes deep fish there where the land in the water just starts to go deep. They generally sit right there. Set your drag or you may lose your catfish. Also, Pull the rod up the front of it lift up and pull back on the pole and reel when you let the pole back down but don't give it any slack.
[signature]
[Smile] THANKS FOR THE INFORAMATION. IF IT ISN'T STORMING THIS WEEKEND I WILL TRY IT.
[signature]
The weather would have to get pretty cold to shut the cats down. This year I was catching cats with a water temp of 45*.

The fish will change location, depth, etc. If what you are doing is not giving you the results you are looking for... switch it up. Depth, location, and bait may all be things that need to change. [cool]
[signature]
sure is a beauty!
[signature]
It is hot again here. I just have roll some dough balls. I already made the mix I just have to roll them into balls. I will probably bring home a monster this week. As long as conditions are favorable. I just been using bass for toys. Not much fight in bass on 12 lb test line. I am rigged for catfish and I just switch the Jitterbug fishing lure color black on for when I am bored waiting for catfish to role in. I make some new bait tonight.
[signature]