Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Fishing in Colorado?
Hi I am from New York, and love to fish for Bass, I am thinking about relocating to Colorodo, Can you tell me about the Bass Fishing, and are there many lakes near Bolder and Denver to visit?
Thanks Susie
[signature]
Susie-

We have lots of decent bass fishing in the Denver-Boulder area for both largemouth and smallmouth.

When are you coming out?
[signature]
Hi
I will be leaving this Sunday, driving so I should arrive in 3 days hopefully. My daughter recently got married and moved to Boulder, she is trying to convenience me to move there. I love to Lake fish, and ride my motocycle, it would be a major life change for me. She explained there are not as many lakes and trees in Boulder as we have here in New York. I am bringing my rods, is there a lake you can recommend to me? I would appreciate it hearing from people who live there. Thanks Susie
[signature]
Susie-
There is some very good bass fishing in the Boulder area. Boulder Reservoir has smallmouth and some big walleyes along with trout. The Sawhill ponds and Pella Crossing ponds are in Boulder County and both are easy to fish from the bank and have good bass. There are others, too.
[signature]
Hi Don
Thankssss Susie
[signature]
You're welcome, Susie.

If you want more help when you get here post again or shoot me a PM.
[signature]
Please be sure to share any of your Bass experiences on the Bass board too. We have other lady Bassers too.

Welcome aboard and we look forward to seeing some nice fish reports.[cool]
[signature]
haha I assure you that there are plenty of trees and lakes all around Boulder! Much of the land has been bought to provide the public with 'open spaces' throughout Bouldeer county. I lived and fished the Boulder area for 5 years while in college. To this day, my favorite place for bass and place of largest bass ever caught is at the Sawhill and Walden ponds. Maybe 20 ponds total and I've caught a number of 5+ lbers out there. They're only 10 miles from downtown Boulder too. Look around online for directions (I'm horrible at directions) or pm me if you need more info.
[signature]
Welcome Susie! Glad you made it safely!

Let us know if we can help some more.
[signature]
Suzie-

Walden Ponds have special regulations, artificial lures only, with one exception. So you can't use bait except in one lake. From the 2007 Colorado regulations:
[font "Times New Roman"][#231f20][size 1] [left]Walden Ponds - Boulder County[/left][/size][/#231f20][/font][font "Times New Roman"][#231f20][size 1] [left]a. Artificial flies and lures only except Wally Toevs Pond.[/left] [left]b. All smallmouth and largemouth bass must be returned to the water immediately except in Wally Toevs Pond.[/left] [left] [/left] [left] [/left][/size][/#231f20][/font]
[signature]
So how'd did it go out there? Get into much action? I love the sight fishing there. Attached are a couple pics of the last hog I pulled from there (prior to moving to Utah) to give you some incentive![Wink]
[signature]
Hey Suzie-

How did your Colorado bass fishing go??

Hartz - nice fish!! That's a pig for Colorado. Just goes to show - catch and release works!
[signature]
C&R works well! There are a couple bass in that area that I have caught more than once.

Out in Longmont at Golden Ponds, I would tube there regularly and caught this one 5+ lber 3 times in a couple month period. You'll be glad to know all my bass are released. The only fish I would keep were the occasional 'eye or cat from Boulder Res.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, Hartz!
[signature]