Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Fishing Report- 7/22/07
With the warm surface temps on the Gorge, down riggers are almost a necessity. The fish we were catching were deep (50-75 ft). It's tough to get down with longlining, snap weights, lead core, etc. and still be able to keep the boat speed up. Once you get into the riggers, you'll probably learn to enjoy trolling more. I used to avoid trolling, because I wasn't active enough and got bored quick. Once I got into fish, I realized how effective of a method it is and that there is a lot of technique to it. If I'm trolling and not catching fish, I'm changing things a lot, including: boat speed, lure depth, lures, locations. It's definitely a science, and there's a lot of experience to it.

I didn't do any jigging. I haven't done much this summer, because I spend so much time trolling for kokes. That's something I need to do more often myself, but it's hard to pull myself from catching those tasty morsels! Good luck!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Flaming Gorge Fishing Report- 7/22/07 - by Ryno - 07-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Re: [deepcycle] Flaming Gorge Fishing Report- 7/22/07 - by Ryno - 07-24-2007, 02:53 PM