Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Weak" At The Gorge
[#008080][size 3]Thought I'd post a few pics from a 9 day'er at the Gorge.
[/size][/#008080][#008080][size 3]Fishing was spotty to say the least. The weather is [#ff0000]HOT - HOT[#008080] and if ya can't get out at 5:30 am....( the wife AINT getting up that early )... and catch them, the bite is usually off by 9ish.[/#008080][/#ff0000][/size][/#008080][size 1]
[/size][#008080][size 3]We caught a variety of fish, just not as many as I would have liked.[/size][/#008080][size 1]
[/size][#008080][size 3]Every day the weather was fantastic in the morning up through early afternoon, and then the Monsoon clouds took over. Thunder, Lightning, and Rain. Don't get me wrong, I loved it when the sound and light show came and the rain cooled things right down to comfy.[/size][/#008080][size 1]
[/size][#008080][size 3]Lures were changed every 1/2 hour or so trying to find the "magic bullet", but like I said, ya gotta get there early or it doesn't matter much what you have on the end of the line.[/size][/#008080][size 1]
[/size][#008080][size 3]We did however catch a real nice Koke, and even a Brown Trout around the Lost Dog canyon area.[/size][/#008080][size 1]
[/size][#008080][size 3]Through out the week, the hottest lure/blade combination I tried was the Shasta Orange/Gold Sling Blade with the Glow Red "Hot" Head Cripplure in trail. I also did ok with the Pink Flamingo Pee Wee behind a Shattered Eye Sling Blade.[/size][/#008080][size 1]
[/size][#008080][size 3]We used Pro-Cure Super Gel scents in these flavours...Kokanee Special, Predator, Carp Spit, Crawfish, Sweet Corn, Krill.[/size][/#008080][size 1]
[/size][#008080][size 3]One of the pics is of a wingged critter. Can anyone tell me what it is?[/size][/#008080][size 1]
[/size][#008080][size 3]The Koke has a girth of 14 inches BTW.[/size][/#008080][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
Beautiful
[signature]
Looks like a frikezene ebit to me!
[signature]
[black][size 3]Great report and photos.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Your photos document a good trip, and some great fishing. That koke, looks like a record.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I've made many trips to the Gorge, but never stayed that long. I'm sure that by the time came to go home, your were more than ready. (but, anxious to go back and do things that you didn't do this time).[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Great pics .Thanks
That critter would be a mayfly but what variety , I'm not sure . Maybe a drake . Thanks for your report .
[signature]
[black][size 3]The mayfly picture looks like a Hexagenia Limbata species, a very common insect around water.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]It appears to be in the spinner stage of development.[/size]
[signature]
Great pics, and what a hawg koke! That 2nd sunset pic is awesome too! [cool]
[signature]
NICE thanks!
[signature]
hey I was just wondering the majority of the kokes you caught were in the prespawn stage or did you pick up some younger non spawing kokes. just wondering because i am headed up there on the 2nd and want to know what to expect.
thanks,
kody
[signature]
Hey Bruce, Nice report my friend. I think we need to for sure hit that next spring for sure. Shasta pink! gotta love it baby.
[signature]
[#008080][size 3]That was the only Koke we caught that was changing. There are plenty of 1 to 2 pound Kokes, we were just releasing those at the boat. Kept a couple for the Grill, Kokes and Bows, but didn't want to limit out with 12 inch fish.[/size][/#008080]
[signature]