Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hookie
Played hookie from work yesterday and went fishing.
It turned out to be a great day[Smile] The weather was warm and the fish were biting. [Wink] My friend and I did pretty good. We caught some nice steelhead, A couple of hog walleyes,it stunk that I had to let them go[:/]white suckers and red suckers along with a carp or two was also caught. Hooked alot of fish but landed only a few.
Heading back out this weekendto try are luck again.
[signature]
DID YOU GO TO THE SOUTH EAST OR MID WEST SIDE ?
[signature]
went to west side[Wink]
[signature]
dont forget the digital.[Wink] we like pic dont ya know.[cool]

good luck.

you getting them on fly or spawn or fly with a spawn?
[signature]
flatrock is hot !!!!!! , my pal dave from wyndottee has made his limit every day .
[signature]
Do you now where he fished or any good holes to try I only now of the dam and it is loaded with people snagging, I would like to try there. My regular spot got shut down (fenced in) I looking for a good spot down there.
[signature]
i used to be able to get in behind the golf course , but my contact has since passed on [angelic] .

there is a lutheren church where you may be able to fish behind .just a little south east of gibralter road and huron river drive area .

about 50 yards south of the walk bridge in flatrock there is an store , it was a bait store at one time , is now either an arcade or an appliance store now . there is a big hole right behind it , dead center of the river .

i have seen more steel come out of the very bottom , left side of the walk bridge before you cross . 3-4 feet from that corner . right shoulder should be able to touch the walk bridge . single egg presentation works best , just let it swirl in the water there , 1/16 oz wt. coho use that corner to come up too !

huron river drive in the rockwood area is good but no parking unless you can get permission from a land owner , stay away from the abandoned sewer or cement plant with the small park on the oppisit side REBAR IN THE WATER !

by the train tressel and huron river drive in rockwood is a good area too .

some of the land owners will grant permission , they get ticked off at the guys that don't .

i knew i should have saved my maps !
[signature]
if you plan on going down this coming weekend , i will see about going down myself .
[signature]
THE CONTEST IS STILL ON !
[signature]
I would but[Sad] I played hookie again this week to go trout fishing on the first plus went to the grand and the rouge last weekend. I need to get caught up around home on a few things this weekend. Got one small steelie at the grand and Lost a nice hen at the Rouge. Caught about 50 to 60 trout at the old huron river everything from a 6 inch brown to a 20 inch rainbow.
[signature]
Good to hear[Smile] The steel will be running up to the middle of May. They are so late this year[Wink] but they will be strong here in the next week about every where you decide to go.I got a few pictures on my Camera of the Steel and Trout that I will post next week.
[signature]
good deal , one pic can win it so far [blush] . i'm still tring to figure the pic posting out , at one time i was able to do it , but something changed in my programing somewhere , if you need help with the pic , contact dave , i'll be checking with him too !

we had snow on april first , mother nature is some funny gal . today and tomorow - freesing rain , it makes for tough fishing here .

good luck getting away .
[signature]