Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Elsinore
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3]Hey there TubeN2 - Looks like they are catching Crappies, Bass & Catfish at the lake. Don't care for cats but the others will do just fine for me. Would gather that the Clouser Minnow would be an all purpose fly for these two species. What size do you usually use over at Castaic? Wouldn't think that Elsinores Hawgs can measure up to Castaic's. BTW checked with the folks at Elsinore re: float Tubes and they are still legal. Just can't tow one behind a boat. Yea right like I had planned on doing that.[/size][/#008000][/font][Tongue]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Here is a quote from the lake's site. "The fishing at Lake Elsinore is amazing; the Lake offers Carp, Largemouth Bass, Catfish, White and Black Crappie, Bluegill and a variety of pan fish. There is NO trout available at Lake Elsinore." Darn no trout. So I guess the water gets really warm. Hey tubeN2 do you use waders or just wear your birthday suit when you tube there? Mine is all wrinkled. LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
...... Im gonna hate myself for asking..but it is one of those days...but.. whats wrinkled.. your waders or the other thing you mentioned...LOL...

...btw.... do you need waders to fish Elsinore???

MacFly
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there macfly55 - duh it is my birthday suit that is wrinkled. You just couldn't leave it alone. [Wink] I will bring my waders since I will no doubt be tubing. Don't know if one can wade & fish which one can do over at Silverlake. TubeN2 will no doubt fill in the gaps.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Hey Mac. You will need waders if you plan to make body contact with the water.

Some of the lakes around SoCal are water sheds and protected from bare skin contact.

I plan on bring a tube or 2. Do you feel like learning how to tube??

Just bring some Chest waders that fit you and I'll take care of the rest. I have extra tubes and fins.[cool]
[signature]
Thats what I thought but honestly not sure.. I will see if I can pick up a set of waders just for the day... lol.. and hope I dont fall in... now that would be a picture to see... [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]