Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 27/7
Went out for some casual fishing with wiperslayer and Brent, a some what rookie fisherman. Fishing was slow but steady and by the end of the day we had boated a fair number of fish. The perch were the big suprise. They are big and fat. While I ran the minnkota in front Curt experimented til he found that mikes crawfish scent poured over just about anything would get the perch to grab right on. Cut bait worked too, perch. He even caught a nice bass on just a jig head and cut bait. As always it was fun to get out and fish. As the day wore on the power fleet pretty much owned the lake. The kite guy was out. What a long cable. He was way up there, hope he filed a flight plan.[cool] I also may have to go back for more perch. They are as good as walleye on my plate.
[signature]
Hey Dan, I know Ira and I look a lot alike but we do have different user names, LOL. It was a blast doing some fishing with you guys yesterday. We did not have the luck that Bassrods and his friends do but not too bad for only getting up there once a year or so. Our largest smallie was only 15 inches but I'd bet that most of them averaged 12 inches. Did you measure that largest perch? I was thinking it was 12 to 13 inches.
[signature]
nice report and glad you enjoyed yourself at the Nelle. Nothing like nice weather and good fishing to make yer day.
[signature]
oops by the way who was wiperhunter1? May have to revisit those perch some time.
[signature]