Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
articles about trout fishing
i was wondering if yall knew any online resources that dealt with trout fishing, primarily on the river. im looking for something comparable to bassresource if yall know what that is. i fish trout with rooster tails and rapala countdowns which both produce very well, but it seems like there should be more possibilities. im just want to learn aas much as i can so i can increase my chances of landing those big ones
[signature]
while i was searching, i came across a link that said that if you plan on releasing the trout, you shouldnt handle it cuz you will wipe off the protective slime and lower the fish's chance of survival. i mean, i catch and release all day but i like to take it out of the water and look at what ive caught. also, it says that barbs will injur the fish and you should remove them. i always fish spinners or something that has a treble hook... will i lose a considerable amout of bites if i remove the barbs?

anyways heres the article, read it and tell me what u think
http://www.wikihow.com/Fish-for-River-Trout
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]I'm strictly C&R and debab all my hooks. I only take my catch out of the water if totally necessary. I am delighted if it throws the hook before I have too. You are correct that the less they are handled the better chance they have at surviving.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]