Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats working during the Dog Days??
It's tough this time of year for bass. Whats working in your area? This year for me it's a caralina rig with a Lizard in 10ft of water along weed lines. Watermelon beavers in shallow water. Luckys for top water.
[signature]
Texapposed 3" watermellon gitzits with yum crawfish spray and Maniac salt sticks in orange/craw.
[signature]
BooYah BooGee Buzzbaits actually...as well as watermelon/red sparkle sinking minnows (texas rigged) along the weeds.
[signature]
Intimidator double buzz baits during the topwater bite, Reaction Innovations Trixie series double wide 5.20 (color: California #420). Hooked weed less with black bass N glass.[cool]
[signature]
Buzzbaits for an early, early morning topwater bite. You can never go wrong with a watermelon stickbait in the shadow of any bush or tree. Worked for me today anyway, we'll see what happens this week.
[signature]
On one lake for smalles it drop shoting with MOJO weights and Gulp 3" minnows for smalles up to 20" + but most are 15 to 18"...

And on other lakes its senko type baits wacky rigged....

[signature]
[cool] When it is hot here in Louisiana, I use a red wobblehead/natural creme worm. You have use a low ratio reel so that it looks like a snake. The bass here tear them up, especially around cypress trees. I have seen the wobblehead in Bass Pro shops.
[signature]
Jitterbug. Try it out. I caught 2 yesterday in half an hour but today I had no luck. I was at a different spot. Not just any color though try a black jitterbug fishing just on the outside of weeds. I have only ever had this lure work for me.
[signature]
The new 5-1/2" Gulp Leeches on a black jighead have been doing a fair job lately [cool]
[signature]