Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A # 20 where is it
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Tried my hand at tying some #20 patterns. The smallest yet. Tied a few midges which came out fairly well considering I felt like a blind person tying by braille. Didn't have any scud hooks available so I used Daiichi #1100. What kind of hooks have you all been using to tie midges?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Tiemco. Either 100 or 101 (turned up eye) Orvis has a great hook called the Big Eye and it does. If I need a wider gap I use Tiemco 2487.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]I have Daiichi #1120/1130 on my shopping list. The Tiemco 101 is comparable to Daiichi 1110. But aren't they used for drys? Also from my comparison chart it shows the 100 with a TD eye and the 101 with a S eye. Does Tiemco make a hook with a given # with more than one eye position?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
No you are correct. I said turned up, but I guess there is some hooks with turned up eyes, so yes...STRAIGHT LOL

Daiichi is a great hook, I do buy them when possible. Those and Dia-Riki. Dennis at the Fly Desk has a better choice of those than any place in town, plus I can buy them by the 100's.
[signature]
[cool][#008000] For those interested in viewing the fly hook comarison chart here is it's web site:[/#008000]

[url "http://www.killroys.com/hooks/hookchrt.htm#refined"]http://www.killroys.com/...hookchrt.htm#refined[/url]
[signature]
Thanks Man! Right on top of that DR.
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Does that get me off the hook? LOL[/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3]Wonder where that expression got it's start?[/size][/#008000][/font][/center]
[signature]
I wonder where a lot of those sayings came from!
What a visual though[sly] [pirate]
[signature]
Tiempco 2486 and 2487s are used a lot for midge - trico nymphs

I like the 2487s because of the wider gap.

dB
[signature]
[#008000]Just picked up a pack of Daiichi #1130. Why is it that the TMC hooks run a $1 more per 25 count than Daiichi?[/#008000]
[signature]
Dr wrote:
[#008000][size 1]Just picked up a pack of Daiichi #1130. Why is it that the TMC hooks run a $1 more per 25 count than Daiichi?[/size][/#008000]
------------
shipping from Denver is expensive. Mile High Air is thinner so air is more expensive there.
[signature]
..now so far that is the funniest thing I have heard today.... Sad part.. is a good chance it is very true.. right FG???????

MacFly
[signature]
In that case, How many thousand hooks did you bring to Cali with you?? lol[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I came because I could no longer afford hooks in Denver. I heard that hooks were cheaper here cause it is closer to China here.
[signature]
Right On!
[signature]
[green][font "Poor Richard"][size 3][cool]Wouldn't say that $5.45 for a pack of 25 Tiemco flies is cheap. Tiemco's are made in Japan as well as Daiichi. If they were made in China you probably could knock $5 off of the price even though Japan is closer.[Wink][green] Hey they get 27[/green][green]ยข [/green][green]per hook only because they can. What else is new in the fly fishing world. [/green][/size][/font][/green]
[signature]