Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$2.70 for a gallon of gas
Last weekend my wife I took a drive on the Mirror lake highway. There were tons of people at every stop and of course it was a lot cooler up there, in the seventies. Anyway on the way back we stopped in Evanston for lunch and decided to fill up before we left. I was very surprised to see the price of regular gas was only 2.70 a gallon there, sure hopes it keeps going down[Smile]. WH2
[signature]
its always cheaper in wyoming, there state gas tax is less
[signature]
Cool thanks going to the gorge on fri. won't fill up till then.
[signature]
gas is cheaper at the maverick in mt view then in evanston
[signature]
I don't think that is true all the time, I have been up there when it was cheaper in Evanston. Three Gorge trips ago, it was cheaper at Mountain view but we bought our gas at Evanston before we found that out. Our next trip, we drove by Evanston and bought our gas in Mountain view(MV), we paid more in MV on that trip. I think the best bet would be to send a PM to one of the guys that live in MV, then you would know before you go by Evanston in favor of MV for that lower gas price. I think Fishly or Wyobraz live in MV, just a thought.
[signature]
Are you sure ? I been working up in Wyoming lately but haven't been to the Maverick . Pilot usually has the cheapest fuel I have seen in Evanston . Last Thursday was 2.6999 for unleaded . Last winter I believe I was paying 1.9499 a gallon .
[signature]
Those prices vary all the time up there, usually that Pilot is cheaper but I was surprised a week ago Sunday when the Pilot was 2 cents higher so we bought our gas at the Maverick in Evanston.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#808000][size 3]Very rarely is gas cheaper in Mtn. View than it is in Evanston. Gas is usually 2 to 3 cents cheaper in Evanston, at either the Pilot or the Maverik. Gas is also usually cheaper at the TA truck stop right before the Fort Bridger exit than at the Maverik in Mtn. View also.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
your just saying that so we will stay out of your town[Tongue]
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]"your just saying that so we will stay out of your town"

Well no one ever said the man was stupid...hahahahaha
[/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]"your just saying that so we will stay out of your town"

Well no one ever said the man was stupid...hahahahaha
[/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font] [/reply]

i dont blame him at all i like Mt. view, id move up there if i coould find a better playing job up there, Nice town[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You guys are killing me! We're talking a couple cents per gallon. What's the big deal when you'll put less than 20 gallons in. Woohoo! You save a whooping 60 cents a fill up. Please![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I base all my fueling on more than fuel costs. Pilot in Evanston is easy on, easy off. Flying J in Evanston sucks and is a real pain to get to and back on the road. Same with the Maverick in Evanston. The Maverick in Mountain View has Gorge stickers and reciprocal stamps plus it's easy to get to but can be pretty crowded. So, to me, It's Pilot in Evanston or the Maverick in MV.[/size][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Last weekend unleaded was $2.67 and Diesel was $2.93.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Here's a neat link that shows gas prices by zipcode:

[url "http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStations.aspx"]http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStations.aspx[/url]
[signature]

If you can afford 3.15 a gallon, come on down to my town.[Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]
[reply]
your just saying that so we will stay out of your town[Tongue][/reply]
[signature]
We are all concerned about the price of gas, so it is always nice to find a place that has lower gas prices. For a lot of the guys on this site, they rarely if ever get up to Evanston, so they might not be aware of the lower gas prices there. You are so right about the overall savings from one gas station to another up there. I sure wish we lived close enough to go there more often but it is still nice to know that our neighboring state has lower gas prices, especially if you are planning a trip up there any time soon. A few dollars saved on any trip can be more money to spend on something else, like.... beer[Wink].
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ya, I know. That $1.20 savings from two fill ups could make make or break the beer budget![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
2.67 a gallon , I better hurry back up there for some fuel to by beer with . [Tongue]
[signature]
Hey BLM cheapest I've seen since my arrival in SoCaln was this week @ $2.99, highest was in Febuary @ $3.69 so when I hear them choking over $2.70 all I can do is laugh.

Have good one..........
[signature]
Isn't that the truth Moose??

Did you get settled in yet?? I'm anxious to go fishing with you.

You are not that far from the Jackson Lake.[cool]
[signature]
Still not in a house of my own, we're renting while we wait for the market to bottom out. Should be moving on something in the next few months. Horse property is hard to get in our price range. When we do find one in the range it has so many problems you just want o level the place and start over, but there are some, not many, but some that are gettin close to what I want to spend.

It'll take time but I'm ok for now, soon I'll get with you to show me some good fishing places.
[signature]