Flathead fishing has been tough.
I did get a small one Sat night

[Image: 072807.jpg]

I will keep looking.
[signature]
[shocked][shocked][shocked]

Small!!! ha ha. Nice one Robby. Keep those little Kitties coming.[cool]
[signature]
WOW. I got to make more catfish bait. I ran out of dough 2 nights ago. I have went fishing with a lure yesterday. First time I have had any luck with a lure. Just bass. Not as much fun as catfish. I mix some up tomorrow and go tomorrow.
[signature]
Santaaa those big kitties arnt to fond of doughbait. They are very much predertors and like to eat other fish. Youd need some shad, gills are goldfish to tangle with one. Katfish can tell you alot more about them. He's are local BFT big cat expert!
[signature]
I don't fish for flat heads. I fish for Channel Cats. I have gotten a few over a foot and one that was 2 foot 3 inches. In PA that is pretty big. That is on my dough bait. I have gotten a few mud cats but I have not gotten to fish for catfish much recently. I know what I am doing. Not saying I could not use advise but I am not stupid I know how to target fish I just have never targeted flat head. I agree live bait does work better but when I can't afford to buy minnows and I can't find a spot to catch them other than one which I completely took to many minnows home made dough bait is the next best thing.I am pretty sure in PA you are not allowed to use goldfish for bait. They could survive easily in PA waters and probably damage the ecosystem. Considering I am getting big catfish on my dough bait I think I know what works best for me in my area. Consider that what works in some spots does not work in others. I have tried blue gill and I have never gotten anything on them. They are worthless for bait where I fish. Not saying that it won't work I just have never had any luck using blue gill. Shad I am sorry but I have heard of them but have no idea what they are or where to get them. I have 4 choice baits Large fat head minnows, wild caught minnows, dough bait, and nightcrawlers. I am going fishing tonight but I am probably going to do some bass fishing as I have a lure that will get bites I have gotten a few small bass and two large hits but it spit the lure back out at me. That 27 inch catfish though speaks for itself on catching catfish. It works for the big cats too. At least big channel catfish.
[signature]