Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally I get what the big deal about bass fishing is.
I hated bass until recently as anytime I caught them before I hated them as I was after catfish and they would eat my fat head minnows or my wild caught minnows. Well I got a lure for bass just for something to do. I did not want to make more dough bait. I did tonight but I am selling it on ebay.com Tom's Catfish bait as well I need money for my school books. I made none for myself. At least I have my Jitterbug fishing lure. I was fishing with my black jitterbug tonight and my girlfriend was fishing the yellow one. I was fishing almost in the weeds a few times in the weeds even though it is not a weedless one. I got a huge hit and was cranking it in and well the thing as crazy as this sounds spit the lure back at me. It nearly nailed me with my own lure. It was a huge fish. I have decided hating bass was a little bit much. I don't hate bass anymore I just hate the small ones that steal my bait when I am not fishing for them. May those ones burn in heck. lol only kidding about burning. I got another hit but it missed the lure. I had to leave as I promised my girlfriend we would leave by 9:30 PM so we left. I am going back tomorrow. I am going to set the hook even if I think it has it lodged in its mouth this time. Just to be safe. I started fighting it but did not set the hook. It was exciting.
[signature]
Don't be surprised if half your hits get off the hook. Thats just topwater fishing. Blast isn't it?? Nothing beats a hot top water bite. [Smile]
[signature]
I think you will get addicted to Bass fishing like the rest of us. All it takes is one nice one and you can add Bass fishing on to your resume.

You don't have to give up the Cats but now you will be able to keep a log book of which species is most productive in your area and the times that they like to play.

Just remember: Bass only get big if given a chance to get there![Wink]
[signature]
Yeah maybe. I never in a million years would give up catfishing. It is always going to be my favorite thing to fish for nice big channel cats. I always toss little fish back. So that is not a big deal to me. I went fishing with my girlfriend and brought along her nephew and was trying to teach him to fish. His pole was his dads and way too big. I got him one at Wal-Mart tonight and am going to surprise him with it tomorrow. This one is more his size. The bigger one was to big for him to cast. I am hoping the smaller one makes it easier. So I did not get to do much of my own fishing. He got a little blue gill. He was so proud of himself. It is a Disney's Cars fishing pole made by Shakespear.
[signature]
that is cool that you have someone to share your skills with. That is how we become good anglers.[cool]
[signature]
I get to go over to my girlfriend's house today and we are going to give him his new pole. As soon as I get off work. I think maybe tomorrow we will go fishing I am going to get him night crawlers to use as well my dough bait did not work to good for him. The blue gill like it but it is meant for catfish and it makes it harder to hook them with dough bait. You have to actually set the hook. Nightcrawlers blue gill eventually just grab it and run. If he gets some nice size ones we are going to cook them for him.
[signature]